Referrals for wood carvings, high end furniture near Hua Hin/ Myanmar border

Travelling soon by car from Phuket to Hua Hin. Interested in high end furniture and wood carvings near Myanmar border .Also want to comparison shop with Chiang Mai. Any referrals with directions will be most appreciated. Unfortunately do not speak or write Thai. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

this is great info-many thanks. Hopefully someone in the know will kindly advise me if Dan Songkon is closed for good or whether there is a good chance that it will still be open. I am guessing it is closed due to problems with Myanmar illegal immigrants. Sigh. We don’t want to drive out of way to get there for nothing.

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Aren't those chairs really uncomfy to sit on? ????

Yes they are and an absolute pain to move as they weigh a ton but if that's your style then Dan Singkhon is the place.

Top tip when purchasing: Agree a delivery fee then let someone else test their back. The chairs are well heavy but a decent size one piece table an absolute lump. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, carefreetravels said:

We are not yet familiar with the area as we just bought a property and it is still under construction. We are real newbies. We will get better with time!

All good. Just punch in the cords you were given and you won't get lost. It's an interesting area to look around and there used to be an absolute mass of fabulous orchids for sale there but haven't been since Covid got in the way.

Good luck

1 hour ago, carefreetravels said:

thank you Khun La! Are you absolutely sure the place is still open? Sorry, but we really want to be sure.

Yes, was there a while back, as we'll be getting a bed frame from one of the vendors.  They're open 7 days a week, 1st link.  About 14 kms off the main road, Phetkasem / hwy 4, just follow signs for Dan Singkhon.

I'll be out that way myself, next month, for 90 day pulse check, if not sooner, hopefully, depending when our house build is done.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1