Wise puts a smile on my face.

It's pay day, yippee! Except that pay day in April has always been a bit of a downer for me because banks are closed for Songkran. I've always had to wait, sometimes for up to 5 days before it landed in my Thai account. ????

Not anymore! I've just set up my Wise transfer and boom, it was in my Krungsri account in seconds. No more drumming fingers on my desk. ????

Happy Songkran everyone. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I've always had to wait

What method did you use before? 

This is an international 'transfer'?

Most true international remittances need to be manually cleared. I guess WISE uses different methods, which results in a "domestic" interbank transfer, which can be cleared automatically like any domestic transfer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:
3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I've always had to wait

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

What method did you use before? 

This is an international 'transfer'?

Most true international remittances need to be manually cleared. I guess WISE uses different methods, which results in a "domestic" interbank transfer, which can be cleared automatically like any domestic transfer.

I've been using Wise (Transferwise) for the last 4 years so my method hasn't changed at all. Formally Wise could not make payments out of normal banking hours, which meant no payments on weekends or public holidays. There was obviously a 'human link' in the chain.

But that's no longer the case with Wise. It's now a case of my UK bank to my Thai bank in a matter of minutes.

The reason I raised this thread was because it's the first I've had, or heard, of a payment being received on a public holiday. 

Are you using funds in a Wise multi-currency account to (attempt to) pay for the transfer, or bank transfer, debit card, credit card or some other method?  What value of transaction, what originating currency, what bank in Thailand?

13 minutes ago, treetops said:

Are you using funds in a Wise multi-currency account to (attempt to) pay for the transfer, or bank transfer, debit card, credit card or some other method?  What value of transaction, what originating currency, what bank in Thailand?

Why should that make any difference. If WISE have got your money, however it comes, they should process it.

I do my monthly transfer from my Wise THB balance, which comes from UK bank transfers.

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Why should that make any difference. If WISE have got your money, however it comes, they should process it.

Wise allegedly haven't got his money, that's the problem, so knowing the route it should have taken may help track down the root cause.

• Like 1

Except it doesn't show USA in the list of countries. However I was not able to create an account. Did get as far as selfie and photo of ID then kaput.

However I did try Wise again after cancelling my previous transfer. This time it worked in a flash. Message money received pay tomorrow. For 3 days I tried with no success and then today at about the 5th attempt it worked. First time I had this problem in 4 years and I use it 1-2 times every month.

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mackayae said:

Except it doesn't show USA in the list of countries.

Interesting.  I logged in and took a dummy transaction from USD to THB all the way through to the payment stage so it looked possible, but not 100% sure.

image.png.a9601d6ca22349cf1de80fcfaacb085e.png

I'll second that Moonlover.

A true convert to the (Transfer) Wise myself now, a message from them on April 13th :-

""That was really fast. Your money arrived in 11 seconds. And you saved up to 15.87 GBP, too. Here’s a summary of that transfer. And if you need a proper receipt, you can download it from your account""

And the money was there on the ATM - that was bloody amazing on Songkran or any day.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2022 at 3:59 AM, KannikaP said:

As Foreign International Transfers? 

Dear God buddy give it up please

It doesnt matter what you put as the reason for transfer but I'll spell it out for you yet again (50 times ?)

It. Is. Audit. Control.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Dear God buddy give it up please

It doesnt matter what you put as the reason for transfer but I'll spell it out for you yet again (50 times ?)

It. Is. Audit. Control.

The reason I ask this is because many Wise customers need the money to show as Foreign, International Transfers in order to satisfy Immigration. If the transfer is an 'immediate' one, it will NOT. Only if you click 'for Long Stay in Thailand' or possibly for 'Property Purchase' will it show as such. I have proved it myself, buddy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

A true convert to the (Transfer) Wise myself now, a message from them on April 13th

I moved money from Singapore to Thailand on April 15th, Songkran & Good Friday.

"That was really fast. From the moment we received your money, it got to your account in 5 seconds. And you saved up to 50.64 SGD, too." 

And no @KannikaPit wasn't tagged 'International Transfer', I use money in the bank not monthly income for my extension, and Krungsri won't show it as an international transfer anyway.

14 hours ago, Stocky said:

And no @KannikaPit wasn't tagged 'International Transfer', I use money in the bank not monthly income for my extension, and Krungsri won't show it as an international transfer anyway.

OK, I was trying to help members who DO need to show an incoming transfer as International in order to comply with Immigration's monthly requirement. If the transfer does go through Krungsri, you must get a credit Advice from them and show that it tallies with your transfer details from Wise. 

• Like 2