Documents required by District Land Office reselling my Condo unit.

I recently sold one of my condo unit. The buyer and myself went down to Land Office before Songkran holiday to do the transferring. A new rule was slapped at Thai's purchasing resale condo unit's from foreigners. In order to facilitate the conveyancing works at the Land Office. Thais buying resale unit from foreigner's must now get consent from his/her spouse's with confirm signature in written note if the buyer spouse is not present in Land Office. The same also applied if his/her spouse is a foreigner residing in oversea country.

As foreigner and already 73 year old reselling my condo unit and go home, i was also asked for my parent name by the Land Office desk clerk during the submission of documents. I'm not sure how it will work out for me as my buyer feeling disgusted wanted to leave the Land Office for home asap.

I like to know, will i also be ask to produce my parent consents with signatures in written form as both already dead long ago or ask to produce my parent dead certificates in oversea country and have it translated and certified in Thai since it is written in English.?

Would engaging a Thai Lawyer to do the conveyancing woks is very much easier.? 

Can I ask a related question as I am doing same at this moment. Did you have to pay withholding tax at Land office?

I am same age as you and I have had to supply my parents full name a couple of times during my time here but cannot remember if it was required for buying my units as too long ago. 

3 minutes ago, Whale said:

Can I ask a related question as I am doing same at this moment. Did you have to pay withholding tax at Land office?

I am same age as you and I have had to supply my parents full name a couple of times during my time here but cannot remember if it was required for buying my units as too long ago. 

you pay the tax at land office when you transfer. If in company name maybe additional tax later

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whale said:

Our documents was insufficient and has to go back. No idea about withholding taxes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

When govt offices make life difficult usually they want a bung, maybe a few thousand will make the problem go away

Agree, this is Thailand, nothing else could works.

1 hour ago, Whale said:

I purchased the condo new with only my passport and cash. Nothing is required