Where to purchase medication?

milldav

If you can tell us exactly what you need I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

It could be as simple as "any pharmacy" to "you need to get a hospital prescription" to (worst case) "those drugs are not available in Thailand".

Hi I need metformin, gliclazide, sitagliptin and losartin.

They're prescription meds in the UK but when I spent a period in CM about 13 years ago I could get them over the counter. 

I wasn't sure whether I'd be best going to a particular pharmacy, a doctor or a hospital

32 minutes ago, milldav said:

Hi I need metformin, gliclazide, sitagliptin and losartin.

They're prescription meds in the UK but when I spent a period in CM about 13 years ago I could get them over the counter. 

I wasn't sure whether I'd be best going to a particular pharmacy, a doctor or a hospital

Try pharmacies like First Drug where the products will be much cheaper if they have them. 

I guess you mean Losartan?

My required medicines are easy enough to find so I can't speak to finding those medicines that are less common.  However, I can recommend the pharmacy I use.  The couple that own/operate it are very easy and pleasant to deal with.  Their English is excellent.

Meechok Pharma at:

https://goo.gl/maps/x94SkwhLrSKWLn6PA

• Like 2

I've used Fascino for the past year.....They offer this card for discounts & some are as high as 40%+.....There are several locations in CM....I use the one by Hang Dong market on 108.....

They will order on request as needed.....

There is a great pharmacy close to the iron bridge in a teak building....They carry about everything & the pharmacist is very knowledgeable.....It was the best I had found....

However....

Once I found Fascino it eliminated the need to go all the way into town from SPT.....

IMG20220419184323.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

I've used Fascino for the past year..

I used Fascino in Pattaya and was able to get all prescribed medications. Only problems is my Health saving account MC does not recognize Fascino as a pharmacy and charges are always declined. Hospital pharmacies are accepted. In fact I have not found a single pharmacy in Pattaya that are recognized as pharmacy by my HSA card. So far I have found only one store outside hospitals  in Bangkok (Pratunam) that is recognized as a pharmacy. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TimBKK said:

Medisafe Pharmacy - can search them here, lots of good reports.  Based in BKK but operate mostly online although they also schedule delivery “runs” where you can have your item delivered in person - Chiang Mai scheduled for 30 April.

https://www.facebook.com/Medisafe.Pharmacy.Rama4

Have used several times with no problems.

Medisafe is cheap, easy and to your door, just message them what you need and they'll give you prices and ship it, you can ask for generics as well. Shipping is usually only about 30 baht.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I used Fascino in Pattaya and was able to get all prescribed medications. Only problems is my Health saving account MC does not recognize Fascino as a pharmacy and charges are always declined. Hospital pharmacies are accepted. In fact I have not found a single pharmacy in Pattaya that are recognized as pharmacy by my HSA card. So far I have found only one store outside hospitals  in Bangkok (Pratunam) that is recognized as a pharmacy. 

Have no idea what HSA is but my US Blue Cross requirement has always been a full receipt with address for drug stores (which most do not provide without asking - and some places may not want to do in any case).

I tend to use Dara Pharmacy on Kaeowanarat Road

https://goo.gl/maps/obyZvsjuP2kYnJ9FA

They are not a chain and seem to have some of the lowest prices around.

Also you may not get the exact same medicine brands that you had before. If the Pharmacy cannot advise you of good alternatives, then I would recommend Dr Promphan at Bangkok Hospital, who will be able to assess you and recommend a regime of locally available brands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Have no idea what HSA is but my US Blue Cross requirement has always been a full receipt with address for drug stores (which most do not provide without asking - and some places may not want to do in any case).

BCBS also has HSA account. And yes, I can get reimbursed for my HSA account also but it invovles paperwork and I often forget for 2000 baht. https://www.bcbsil.com/insurance-basics/how-health-insurance-works/what-is-an-hsa. I even try to avoid Thai immigration for paper work and work with an agent to my things done. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

PharmaChoice. I use them for medications long ago prescribed (7 yrs) in the US, plus a few recent Bangkok Hospital prescriptions. They don't need a prescription for any of the maintenance ones I take, write in nice long hand the details on their letter head receipt, and sign it "pharmacist" I file this with Tricare, and have never been denied, even tho' the stipulated filing should be on machine prepared documentation. I've even slipped to filing 6 months worth, when usually they look for 3 month -- no problem. But, point being -- if you're going to file with an insurance company, handwritten receipts, plus a credit card slip, might suffice.

16 minutes ago, JimGant said:

write in nice long hand the details on their letter head receipt, and sign it "pharmacist" I file this with Tricare, and have never been denied, even tho' the stipulated filing should be on machine prepared documentation.

Believe the main requirement is physical address of provider being on the receipt.  Many places here do not provide any receipt and when asked just have general receipt pad with no name/address on it.  

• 4 weeks later...

the cheapest pharma by far is at the entrance to warorot market....

the owner is called mr rut...

he speaks perfect English.

he is a wholesale pharmacy....

he stocks most things...

if he doesn't have it he can order for you....

2022-05-27_140846.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, interested said:

the cheapest pharma by far is at the entrance to warorot market....

the owner is called mr rut...

he speaks perfect English.

he is a wholesale pharmacy....

he stocks most things...

if he doesn't have it he can order for you....

2022-05-27_140846.jpg

Do you know the name and/or street address?

20 minutes ago, interested said:

image.jpeg.f3e6e8bdf203c80b613a1afae74501b7.jpeg

CHANG MOI ROAD

just tell mr rut that John sent u, and said please treat him well, and he will offer you the very best prices.....

i have used this pharmacy for over 20 years

Shophouse 110-112 on Google Maps it seems.  Open air if I am looking at it right - but for me that is a huge negative for drugs.