Immigration Incompetence

I've mentioned here previously that I needed two certificates of residence for selling and buying a car.

Despite my failing health, I managed to hauled myself all the way to a remote and desolate part of Mueang Thong Thani, struggled to climb the dog-festooned steep steps, and made my application.  Then came the (seemingly utterly pointless) two weeks' wait for the certificates.

Imagine how thrilled I was to receive the two certificates, only for my elation to be dashed when I found out that one had my address quite wrong, and the other was clearly intended for someone else.  Both certificates are useless.

I guess I now have to waste a second day of my life and go to Chaengwattana to sort out this fiasco.  I don't suppose there's any other option such as 'phone or email?

Just curious, but if anyone else has had a similar problem with these certificates, what should I expect? Am I going to need to submit my documents all over again/pay the fee again/wait a further two weeks for the certificates?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

AFAIK you don't need a certificate of residence when selling a vehicle in bangkok

And even if the address is wrong, you can still use it, the DLT won't confirm the address

Yes you do.  And the address must match with the blue book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe use an agent if one available.

I asked previously whether there was any agent able to handle getting the residence certificate.  In short:  no.

Sorry to hear about your problems with residence certificate.Every time I have bought a new car or sold the old one, I went to my embassy and had them issue a residence certificate.It cost a little more than at the immigration, but it is very convenient, sometime if the embassy is not to busy, I sit and wait and get the certificate same time.

Of course I don't know your nationality, if it is even possible, but I am danish and it works every time.No need for agents or immigration, where it takes 2-3 weeks just to get a letter, crazy in my opinion.For selling the old car I just made a copy of the original residence certificate, but for buying a new car you need the original certificate.

1 hour ago, sjoegge said:

It cost a little more than at the immigration

I presume the Danish embassy is more reasonable than the British one.  The British Embassy charges 2,218 baht for each residence document - compared with Immigration's 200 baht.  You're also now required to provide proof of address, and I don't have any document meeting their criteria*.

When it works, the service provided by Immigration is far simpler and cheaper.

* The accepted documents are:  DVLA issued photocard driving licence, mortgage statement, tenancy agreement or Housing Association rent card, bank statement, letter from your bank, utility bill, council tax demand, Inland Revenue tax demand or a self assessment statement.  They also don't accept documents printed from the Internet.