Question about TM30 for covid extension.

Hello, maybe some of you can help me, the information out there are very confusing.

1. My nationality is American, I got a 30 day visa on arrival and got another 30 day extension which will expire in a few days. I want to apply for the 60 day covid extension.

2. The hotel I was at in does not file TM30.

3. During the 2 month that I am in Thailand, I actually purchased a condo in my own name, the ownership transfer was yesterday and moved into my condo the same day.

4. Now I like to apply for the 60 day covid extension, what are my options at this time?

1 minute ago, jackiu239 said:

How do I do that? I was being told that it takes up to 2 weeks to be approved for an Tm30 with a new condo purchase

You complete the TM30 form and attach copies that show your ownership, for example a copy of the chanote.

If you do it in person it's done on the spot, they take your papers and give you the receipt, then take a copy of this receipt and use it when applying for the extension.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackiu239 said:

How do I do that? I was being told that it takes up to 2 weeks to be approved for an Tm30 with a new condo purchase

If you have anything to prove you are now the owner of you condo you can submit a TM30 form and it will accepted and a receipt given on the same day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have anything to prove you are now the owner of you condo you can submit a TM30 form and it will accepted and a receipt given on the same day.

ok, so I guess I go to immigration with my paper, and they will approve my TM30 right there and then? And with that, I apply for the covid extension?

10 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

You can complete the TM30 form and attach copies that show your ownership, for example a copy of the chanote.

If you do it in person it's done on the spot, they take your papers and give you the receipt, then take a copy of this receipt and use it when applying for the extension.

ok thanks, I am getting this is done in immigration?

9 minutes ago, jackiu239 said:

ok, so I guess I go to immigration with my paper, and they will approve my TM30 right there and then? And with that, I apply for the covid extension?

Yes that is how it would work.

Download and complete. TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence101.92 kB · 1356 downloads

• Thanks 1

A TM-30 is a ADVISE OF (NEW) ADDRESS, should be done within 24 IO working hours if you change addresses.  My last TM-30 ( at Korat 4 months ago)  took all of 11 minutes, I had my rental agreement - payment receipt, utility receipt - WiFi install receipt, PP with correct Extension of Stay, signed TM-30 as POSSESSOR.

Your LOCAL IO might have different requirements.

Remember you are STILL REQUIRED to file a 90 day report of address EVERY 90 days.

Update, all is good, basically there are 2 immigration in my city, one is for minor stuff but the covid extension I need to go to the major one.

I first went to the minor one and I explain my situation with my deed/bluebook, they give me the TM30 right away, however afterward just before I was about to leave, another person come up to me, told me that its very very difficult to get the covid extension, that I don't have many days left, that I would be rejected etc... and for a low price of 6000 baht, he can make sure he gets everything done. I told him no thanks, I have the embassy email.

I show up at the major immigration office and they pretty much give me the same told, told me that if I don't have the embassy email it would problem for me, I didn't wait for them to give me the price quote for solution I just showed them my email and they didn't give me much problem afterwards. 

However I didn't bring 2 passport photo copy, so I had to pay extra 120 baht for it, then I follow standard procedure and paid 1900 baht, I got a 15 day stamp and I was told I need to come back in 15 days again for the final stamp.

• Thanks 1

Slightly off topic.  We have a small Resort and submit TM 30 for new Guests and submit it via the phone app.  Once it is submitted, all the fields clear themselves in preparation of the next report and does not have a system whereby you can access what you have already submitted.  Some of our Guests ask for a copy of the TM 30 and I have to tell them that we are unable to provide it to them as the poorly thought through website.  Thailand the hub of IT!

27 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Slightly off topic.  We have a small Resort and submit TM 30 for new Guests and submit it via the phone app.  Once it is submitted, all the fields clear themselves in preparation of the next report and does not have a system whereby you can access what you have already submitted.  Some of our Guests ask for a copy of the TM 30 and I have to tell them that we are unable to provide it to them as the poorly thought through website.  Thailand the hub of IT!

A screenshot of the report will be accepted by immigration as proof it was done.

18 minutes ago, FangFerang said:

i was rold thwre are no more COVID extensions weeks ago...  Did I miss something?

They literally extended it another 60 days on the day it was supposed to expire. Now the new date is May 25th I believe.

• Like 1

I rented a condo and yesterday went to Jomtien to do the TM30.  Along with the rental contract the owner provided a copy of his Thai ID and what looks like either his household registration book (Tabien Baan) or a copy of his title/deed to the property (written in Thai so not sure which, either suffices).  I brought that and my passport.  They have a small room in the front of the building that you wait in and a couple of nice ladies will, after some stamping, generate your TM30 and attach it to your passport.

One small problem was that I rented the condo a month ago and neglected to do the TM30 until now.  You are supposed to do it within 24 hours of an address change.  So I had to pay a fine of 1600 baht.  If you are late for your TM30 don't sweat it.  As soon as you discover your mistake go to the IO and take care of it.  You won't be arrested or even yelled at.  Bring 2k baht with you and you'll be fine(d).

I also brought my paperwork for a Covid extension.  They looked it over at the front booth, found no problems, and then told me to come back on the 28th (grrrrrr!).

Edited by Sup3rfarang
correct typo

3 hours ago, Sup3rfarang said:

One small problem was that I rented the condo a month ago and neglected to do the TM30 until now.  You are supposed to do it within 24 hours of an address change.

An easy way to get around the fine is to put a arrival date on the 2nd page within the 24 hours or so.

26 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

How do you do a screen shot of a mobile phone app, apart from taking a photo using another mobile phone? 

I do screenshots on my mobile device all the time.

On a Samsung device you touch both the power button and lower volume one at the same time,