Work permit expired.

Im on a 1 year non b visa and my work permit expired, my lawyer didn’t renew it. Now she says if it expires my visa is also expired on the day the work permit did. And now I’m on an overstay. I’ve never heard this before. 

7 minutes ago, dkg224 said:

My lawyer never said anything to me about renewing it and and I just saw it expired last week. But my visa is good until September 

Push them to get it extended.

Technically your extension ends when you no longer have a valid re-entry permit but immigration will not know about it. It has happened to many people.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Push them to get it extended.

Technically your extension ends when you no longer have a valid re-entry permit but immigration will not know about it. It has happened to many people.

Do you mean that if you have a Visa valid until 2023 but your WP has been cancelled by your employer whilst your visa hasn’t , you can keep using it as long as it’s a re-entry one?

31 minutes ago, dadadede said:

Do you mean that if you have a Visa valid until 2023 but your WP has been cancelled by your employer whilst your visa hasn’t , you can keep using it as long as it’s a re-entry one?

That is not the same situation as the post I was replying to. They merely neglected to extend his work permit in this and it was not canceled.

• Thanks 1