Durian Seed

Hi guys,

so today i did something i really wanted to do for some time. I bought a durian, ate it and started to watch many youtube videos 'how to plant durian from seed'.

as you already understood i will try to plant durian in my garden. So i went to the nearest agriculture shop which is very easy to find in nonthaburi. bought very special soil for growing durian and 2 small pots. from my research i found out February-May are not the best months to plant young durian tree( 1-2 yrs), they dont mention seeds so i will try my luck. I saw 2 types of planting. 1 is just plant the whole seed body under the soil (not very deep maybe max 5 cm deep) 2nd is and this type of the videos are the most i saw you plant half of the body. after 2-3 months if all ok then you will move it to another bigger pot then goes like that till you really plant it. Which will probably in a year time.

Although every video mentioning that no sun shine at all for young durian trees (1-2 years). i spent long time to find out for the seeds stage. couldnt find any info. I think it should be the same logic and no sun shine at all. all videos says shade place. im most likely wrong but i think sun shine is also good for plants to get their needs to grow up. Maybe not too much but i really think at least 1-2 hours per day. So i was wondering if you have any idea about this? 

i just planted 3 seeds in to 2 pods, lot of first time water and left them in a shade place. no sun shine at all. But it will be hot. 1 pot i planted 5cm deep, other 2s half of the seed is in the soil rest out. So i tried both ways videos saying. Didnt try kitchen towel way.

I dont know if to keep them in the house for a while is a good idea or not. I scare the AC will drop the heat they need. I heard durian need some hot air also. what do you think about this?

if you have any suggestions, ideas please let me know

thanks

Edited by problemfarang