Suva : Bad News For Smokers

The 2 "light bars", located on east and west side of the airport on departure level, are now "no smoking zone".

They were very convenient, with large air conditioned room and with sliding door, to sip a drink and smoke.

What else ?

The famous "webcams" are back on each immigration booth ! At least for the departure. And again the officers are loosing time to correct the frame.

They were first introduced at Don Muang 2 years ago.

Good news for non-smokers ... :D

Oh yes indeedy :o

I'm not sure what these responses mean. I presume non-smokers were not obliged to patronise these bars.

I have never had the pleasure of Swampy , but if the facilities there are as woefully lacking as they were at Don Muang one such bar would have been adequate. Zero is just mean spiritedness.

You know , some non-smokers really are an awful bunch of little fascists.

I'm not sure what these responses mean. I presume non-smokers were not obliged to patronise these bars.

This goes for smokers as well you know.

So just because we don't want to inhale your stinky, unhealthy second hand smoke we're fascists? How about you go into one of those filthy little smoking rooms and get choked by your own pollution instead of whining?

Edited by Phil Conners

So just because we don't want to inhale your stinky, unhealthy second hand smoke we're fascists? How about you go into one of those filthy little smoking rooms and get choked by your own pollution instead of whining?

Okay. But again those 2 bars had a "closed" room for smookers (with good air system and automatic closing doors). So, no harm done for non smokers.

Anyway. It's the past now !

:o

Okay. But again those 2 bars had a "closed" room for smookers (with good air system and automatic closing doors). So, no harm done for non smokers.

Are there any smoking rooms at all now?

Especially after you go past Customs?

From by observations, I would say no. No for outbound international.

Yes however for domestic (concourses A and :o : I remember smoking rooms on B for Bangkok Air and Air Asia. Anyway.

For international, they do have a few smoking rooms, but ONLY (but that needs confirmation) for incoming passengers (on concourse D for instance).

From by observations, I would say no. No for outbound international.

Yes however for domestic (concourses A and :o : I remember smoking rooms on B for Bangkok Air and Air Asia. Anyway.

For international, they do have a few smoking rooms, but ONLY (but that needs confirmation) for incoming passengers (on concourse D for instance).

Last time I departed BKK, about 7 weeks ago. There were 2 smoking rooms airside by 2 of the gates. I think they were on concourse G. At the beginning and end of the concourse.

I think they well only have been temporary rooms though.

This goes for smokers as well you know.

I wasn't whining , sonny boy.

Only people with a chip on their shoulder do that.

You seem to have an enormous one on yours.

Hope nothing you do is unhealthy and therefore should be banned from the face of the planet.

SLSSP

Yes there are smoking rooms usually at the first gate of the concourses. I can vouch for C and D as i usually use these rooms and leave the door open to piss off the non smokers lol.

The 2 "light bars", located on east and west side of the airport on departure level, are now "no smoking zone".

They were very convenient, with large air conditioned room and with sliding door, to sip a drink and smoke.

Good thing!

And I sincerely hope they will stop selling alcoholic beverages too.

I already have to avoid drunk tourists walking in the middle of the road every single night when I'm driving, so hopefully the airport will stop providing another opportunity for these alcohol addicts.

....and now I'll light another cigarette and enjoy my JackDaniels-Coke-Lime

Yes there are smoking rooms usually at the first gate of the concourses. I can vouch for C and D as i usually use these rooms and leave the door open to piss off the non smokers lol.

im a heavy smoker but if you cant smoke its never been a problem ,if you dont smell smoke or see it more often than not you dont think about it :D