Myanmar immigration building near Thai border car bombed Saturday night

webfact

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMhwedNMDlpyGJHkdxxwpma8r68Ih.jpg

A car bomb exploded at the Myanmar immigration building, on the approach to the First Thai-Myanmar Friendship Bridge, opposite Thailand’s Mae Sot district of Tak province, setting fire to the building and nearby commercial shop houses.

A fierce gun battle also broke out between Myanmar troops and rebel forces after the explosion, which occurred at about 11pm. The 4-storey building and some shop houses sustained heavy damage and a car also caught fire.

The wreckage of a pick-up truck, suspected to have been used to carry the bomb, was found near the border checkpoint.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/myanmar-immigration-building-near-thai-border-car-bombed-saturday-night/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-04-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Religion of peace being un-peaceful yet again ?

Like two predominantly Christian Orthodox counties at war elsewhere? Turn the other cheek takes a different perspective when you and folks you know are being killed I suppose. Seems to be a lesson of global history.

• Thanks 1

It's always funny when the bad guys in the mix call for peace talks in order to have time to think what the hell to do next. This will never be over until one of the sides is eliminated. 

As for religion, the junta is nominally Buddhist and I presume the Karen are animist, could look it up I guess. I do know various Christian NGOs have had an influence on matters in the refugee camps on the Thai side of the border.

23 hours ago, Card said:

U talking about Christianity, Islam, Hinduism? They all claim to be peaceful religions. 

A student of history will tell you that out of these 3, two had run crusades and Jihad against each other. One religion run Jihad 24/7....so I guess that is what he was referring...