How does a new passport affect the Proof of Vaccine record?

samtam

Some of you may have already experienced this scenario - getting vaccinated and having it recorded in Mor Prom app and yellow vaccine passport etc.

What happens when you get a new passport? Is it possible to change the Mor Prom app passport details and can one still use the existing yellow vaccine passport which shows the old passport number? 

Grateful to hear from anyone with this experience.

Thanks.

Although I haven’t experienced this, I guess the best solution would be to take the old documents to the MOPH and get a new yellow vaccine certificate, or go to the place of your vaccination and try to get a new paper certificate. Another way might be to carry your old passport with you, which would be the easiest solution.

• Like 1

You can change your passport number from within your profile on the Mor Phrom app, and also from within the International Certificate section where you can submit a pssport image too.  Whether these flow through to the MOPH database I couldn't say.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Why bother with Mor Prom app?

What's the benifit?

It shows vaccination status and can be used in parts of Europe as well as in Thailand.  It has a scannable QR Code which the yellow book does not.  It is Mor Phrom records that are required in England to add Thai vaccines to the English system.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, treetops said:

It shows vaccination status and can be used in parts of Europe as well as in Thailand.  It has a scannable QR Code which the yellow book does not.  It is Mor Phrom records that are required in England to add Thai vaccines to the English system.

Ok, so basically only needed if you've been vaccinated in Thailand.

Thx.

3 hours ago, samtam said:

Is it possible to change the Mor Prom app passport details and can one still use the existing yellow vaccine passport which shows the old passport number? 

This is odd, I didn't know that your passport number changes when you get a new one, mine, my wife's and our kids numbers never changed when we renewed them, so have to ask, why did yours, i.e. if it did ?

8 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

This is odd, I didn't know that your passport number changes when you get a new one, mine, my wife's and our kids numbers never changed when we renewed them, so have to ask, why did yours, i.e. if it did ?

Which country issues a new passport with the same number as the expired passport?

Curious

• Like 1

OP, it doesn't matter.  Thailand Pass shows only name, birthday and vaccine shots details.  No passport number shown.

My wife was in the same situation.  Fully vaccinated in Thailand with old passport number.  Got a new passport while out of Thailand.  Got Thai Pass with no problem (applied with new passport number and vaccine certificate with old passport number).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

Which country issues a new passport with the same number as the expired passport?

Curious

My bad.

I just checked, thanks for asking, your right, they do change the numbers.

Must have confused it with my recent debit card renewal, same number.

Strange that they change the numbers, because bank cards and driver's licences stay the same.

26 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

6 years ago I renewed my UK passport, my number changed.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

What country are you from?  I am from the USA and yes when I obtained a new passport I received a new number. When immigration transfers all of the information from the old passport to the new passport, they also list the old passport number.

Edited by Crazy Noobie
update

4 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

OP, it doesn't matter.  Thailand Pass shows only name, birthday and vaccine shots details.  No passport number shown.

My wife was in the same situation.  Fully vaccinated in Thailand with old passport number.  Got a new passport while out of Thailand.  Got Thai Pass with no problem (applied with new passport number and vaccine certificate with old passport number).

good to know vis-a-vis Thailand Pass, may it soon rest in peace, however...

4 hours ago, transam said:

Your old PP number will be written in the new PP transferred visa/permission to stay stamp. 

I'm aware of that, but I'm referring to VACCINE PASSPORT & MOR PROM records, which show Passport Numbers, (current, versus new).

4 hours ago, Crazy Noobie said:

What country are you from?  I am from the USA and yes when I obtained a new passport I received a new number. When immigration transfers all of the information from the old passport to the new passport, they also list the old passport number.

I'm aware of that, but I'm referring to VACCINE PASSPORT & MOR PROM records, which show Passport Numbers, (current versus new).

To repeat, how will existing VACCINE status be "transferred" under the current Thai system, which records a passport number, (when the vaccine was administered) on both the YELLOW VACCINE PASSPORT & the MOR PROMP app?

If anybody has that knowledge, I would welcome knowing it.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Back to the OP's question, I had the same issue - obtaining my first booster (Moderna) which was done under the then-existing passport (US) number, obtaining a new US passport, and then getting my second booster (again, Moderna) under the new passport number.  When I got the second booster, I did tell them that I got a new passport in the interim but I have no idea how they dealt with that.

Would note that (1) the Mor Prom app vaccination record shows both boosters without reference to any passport numbers and (2) I successfully applied for the International Certificate via the Mor Prom app and I'm supposed to be getting that within 3 days or so of the 29th of this month.

I'd also note, for what it's worth, that my CDC (US) card reflects both the initial two Pfizer shots I got early last year and both booster shots (because I asked the nurses to write in the relevant booster info on lines 3 and 4 of my CDC card.

18 hours ago, treetops said:

You can change your passport number from within your profile on the Mor Phrom app, and also from within the International Certificate section where you can submit a pssport image too.  Whether these flow through to the MOPH database I couldn't say.

I HAVE DONE THIS SUCCESSFULLY ALSO

12 hours ago, samtam said:

good to know vis-a-vis Thailand Pass, may it soon rest in peace, however...

I'm aware of that, but I'm referring to VACCINE PASSPORT & MOR PROM records, which show Passport Numbers, (current, versus new).

I'm aware of that, but I'm referring to VACCINE PASSPORT & MOR PROM records, which show Passport Numbers, (current versus new).

To repeat, how will existing VACCINE status be "transferred" under the current Thai system, which records a passport number, (when the vaccine was administered) on both the YELLOW VACCINE PASSPORT & the MOR PROMP app?

If anybody has that knowledge, I would welcome knowing it.

Thanks. 

Your jab PP, PP number will be confirmed in your new PP, show the two.????

21 hours ago, treetops said:

I used the yellow vaccine booklet to add my jabs to the UK system. 

3 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

I HAVE DONE THIS SUCCESSFULLY ALSO

I will try it when I get the new passport.

11 hours ago, CMBob said:

Back to the OP's question, I had the same issue - obtaining my first booster (Moderna) which was done under the then-existing passport (US) number, obtaining a new US passport, and then getting my second booster (again, Moderna) under the new passport number.  When I got the second booster, I did tell them that I got a new passport in the interim but I have no idea how they dealt with that.

Would note that (1) the Mor Prom app vaccination record shows both boosters without reference to any passport numbers and (2) I successfully applied for the International Certificate via the Mor Prom app and I'm supposed to be getting that within 3 days or so of the 29th of this month.

I'd also note, for what it's worth, that my CDC (US) card reflects both the initial two Pfizer shots I got early last year and both booster shots (because I asked the nurses to write in the relevant booster info on lines 3 and 4 of my CDC card.

In the app my Mor Prom "Covid 19 Vaccination-Records" box shows the record in Thai, and there is no passport number. My "International Certificate" box on the app shows my passport number. But, if as above, it is easy enough to change it, then it is not a problem. Not clear whether subsequent jabs and boosters can simply be added to the Yellow Vaccine Passport, even if the new passport number is different. (This used to be how it worked back in the day for all the vaccination records, when we needed them; the same yellow vaccine "passport" was just updated, whether the passport number had changed or not. Also added pages were just stapled in.)

I had new passport between 2nd and booster jab.  Asked when i was getting booster and they updated my record to new passport number - morphrom app showed  my new passport number the following day.

Haven’t got intl/yellow cert so not sure how that works.

Edited by Orac
  • Like 1