Sun will be directly over Thailand on Wednesday, but not the hottest day

snoop1130

4717814F-42EB-4FFA-910C-6A88534CC2D7.png

The sun will be directly over Thailand at 12.16pm this Wednesday, but it will not be the hottest day, according to the Meteorological Department.

The department’s Director of central weather forecasting Somkuan Tonjan said today (Monday) that temperatures in Bangkok are only forecast to vary between 36oC and 39oC on Wednesday because there will be some cloud cover.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Weather across Thailand has been hot to very hot since the beginning of this month, but it will be cooler after Wednesday, due to a low pressure system and the south-easterly winds, which will bring humidity from the Gulf of Thailand to parts of Thailand from Friday.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/sun-will-be-directly-over-thailand-on-wednesday-but-not-the-hottest-day/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-04-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So I'll keep powdering the gonads to stop them sticking to my legs.

The legs, hell I have to keep them hoisted so they don't drop and bang my ankles in this heat...of course I am only 4'11....lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So I'll keep powdering the gonads to stop them sticking to my legs.

Powder in the USA has zinc added to help kill bacteria. Great for gonadial areas of men. No such product in Thailand that I've seen and I've looked. A market niche for someone.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Actual temperature 36C, "Real Feel" 43C????

4 or 5 years ago the actual  temperature was 43, what was the real feel then.? 

But the 43 then didn't bother me as much as the 37 or whatever does now.

Possibly I ve crossed the line from old git to......... Whatever. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rott said:

4 or 5 years ago the actual  temperature was 43, what was the real feel then.? 

But the 43 then didn't bother me as much as the 37 or whatever does now.

Possibly I ve crossed the line from old git to......... Whatever. 

When I worked in Saudi I was in Bahrain for a day or 2 when it was 43C - 45C with horrendous humidity. The condensation was running down the outside walls of buildings. (The middle east doesn't always have dry heat, as some people think).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

When I worked in Saudi I was in Bahrain for a day or 2 when it was 43C - 45C with horrendous humidity. The condensation was running down the outside walls of buildings. (The middle east doesn't always have dry heat, as some people think).

Qatar - Heat Index 63 deg C... (measurement is combination of Humidity and Temperature). 

Horrific conditions, hot enough to make me feel unwell after being outside for 10mins. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Qatar - Heat Index 63 deg C... (measurement is combination of Humidity and Temperature). 

Horrific conditions, hot enough to make me feel unwell after being outside for 10mins. 

Back in '97-2000 I worked in the Sahara in Algeria. Every day outside around 50C 'in the shade', except that there is no shade in the desert. Also, none of the a/c's worked in any of our vehicles. Horrendously hot.

2 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Interesting, I've been here a few years and I know that the sun does that - we're in the tropics after all - but I've never actually known a date /time.  I'll have to go out and look.

In the tropics it's possible to 'catch the sun' on a cloudy day.

24 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I can remember those days working in Dubai.

I was heavy equipment engineer and taking a quick walk round the site my work boots would filled to overflow with the sweat running down into them.

A bit like paddling with your boots on. :whistling:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Powder in the USA has zinc added to help kill bacteria. Great for gonadial areas of men. No such product in Thailand that I've seen and I've looked. A market niche for someone.

... here's the local gonad-saviour YOKI POWDER with zinc oxide, seen it in Mom&Pops, markets, some 7/11s, pharmacies of course, online as well, 6packs, you name it ... widely available once you know what to look for ...

This one bought single, 25B for 60g.

1217288039_yokipowdazincoxideTHB25460G.jpg.f2e9bc69b60932e95653583afb36787b.jpg

1890728127_yokipowderzincoxideTHB25460G.2.jpg.16b3d11a4cb318a9c0b53c66591f3e97.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes.
I always remember the wall of heat hitting you even in the evening when you get out of the aircon car returning home and have to park outside.
It was far hotter going on the roof of the new Doha airport in summer when we were constructing it.  No way that was tolerable, but the workers did their job in conditions that were extreme.