Fortuner driver fails to pay for his gas - attendant who earns just 325 baht a day says come back to pay!

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported on an incident at a gas station on Route 304 heading from Kabinburi to Chachoengsao on Sunday evening in Krorksomboon sub-district.

The driver of a white Toyota Fortuner asked attendant Surachai, 33, to fill up with gas.

After doing this Surachai went to get three bottles of complimentary water. The driver said they would go to the counter to pay with a card. 

Instead they drove off into the NE Thailand night leaving the busy station.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

They should have paid 634 baht for the full tank of LPG.

The owner of the station said that the staffer would not have their salary cut as it was not their fault.

Surachai said that after the driver drove off he checked on dash cam footage from another customer but both that and CCTV did not show the licence plate clearly.

He implored the Fortuner driver to come back and pay as this reflected badly on staff.

Staff who he said get paid only 325 baht a day. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

30 years ago I remember getting gas, walking inside to pay.  Guy asks me how much.   Idk.   I walk back outside to check.   Go back inside.  5 dollars and 10 cents.   Ok.  Ok.  that was like 7 gallons.  

Back on track…….solution……….pay, no problem.   Not pay, gas turns into some liquid once the key is out of the ignition (safety).    24 hours to pay.   Not pay.  Turns into acid.    Lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I thought this was some kind of myth.  How many jobs actually pay 300 baht per day?  7/11?  Big C?

Farmers, immigrants, shops workers… take or leave the job. SAD

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Surachai said that after the driver drove off he checked on dash cam footage from another customer but both that and CCTV did not show the licence plate clearly.

Time the service station got up-to date surveillance gear.

• Like 1

Back in the olden days in the US, you pulled up to the pump. An attendant came out, pumped the gas, checked tire (tyre) pressure and checked oil. Then you paid and you were on your way. 

Today you pull up to the pump, either go inside and prepay or use a credit/debit card that you insert into the pump. No chance of running off. No attendant. 

Good for the station owner but I hope Thailand doesn’t adapt this program but over time they will. Not only this but supermarkets the same thing. Scan your purchases. Pay with a card. Pack your stuff. Never see an attendant.  

• Like 2