Thailand Pass Insurance

I've just bought Travel Insurance (Coverwise) for travel from UK to Thailand for 30 days but after paying I've just got the normal documents you would usually get when buying Travel Insurance.

I've been reading people saying the Thailand Pass requires a one page Travel Certificate showing your insurance covers Covid.  My insurance covers Covid with the normal £20m Medical Expenses but I would have to upload several documents to show all this information.  Can anyone help at what I should do.

Thank you 

Has TP started to allow PDF's to be uploaded as it was at one time only JPEG's? If so use pdf2go and upload all your insurance docs to create 1 PDF and upload that to TP. If not and you need JPEG's then screenshot all the docs you need then insert them into an excel sheet and screenshot all of them together. 

Hi gjta12,

I recently transited through BKK en route from LHR to PNH.  For transit I needed a document to show that my UK insurance covered Thailand (yeah, just to transit - Amazing Thailand!)  I called my insurers and they emailed a letter which included the following wording:

Thank you for contacting Admiral Travel Insurance.

We write to confirm that your Admiral Travel Insurance policy will cover the following:

Policy term:

Cover start date: 27/02/2021

Cover end date: 26/05/2022

Emergency Medical Treatment and Repatriation Cover – up to £10 million

The coverage meets the minimum requirement of 100,000 USD and will cover you for emergency medical treatment and repatriation if you get sick with or die from Covid-19 on your trip in Thailand, provided you have not travelled against FCDO advice.

It only took a few minutes for the letter to arrive so I guess it was a standard letter which they had sent many times. I suggest that you contact your insurers and ask for a similar letter to upload to the TP site.  My insurers did not charge for the letter.

Edited by Homburg
Further information added

Yes you will require Covid insurance proof certificate from your insurer. Got mine yesterday from FWDGI an insurance company in Thailand offering cheap premiums for 1-85 year old.

You may be able to cancel your current insurance as I did and take out a policy with FWDGI.

Website. "www.fwdgi.co.th"

13 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

Yes you will require Covid insurance proof certificate from your insurer. Got mine yesterday from FWDGI an insurance company in Thailand offering cheap premiums for 1-85 year old.

You may be able to cancel your current insurance as I did and take out a policy with FWDGI.

Website. "www.fwdgi.co.th"

I agree that @gjta12 should take out an FWDGI policy in order to meet the Thailand Pass requirement, but personally don't think that it would be advisable for him to cancel his Coverwise travel insurance policy since this would presumably cover him for various mishaps of a non-health-related nature which he might encounter during his 30 days in Thailand (e.g. luggage going astray, flights being delayed, etc, etc).

Thanks for all the replies, I contacted my insurer and they provided me an Entry Assistance Document specifically showing MEdical expenses cover Covid.  

To assist our customers with visa or other entry requirements for specific destinations, we have created the attached PDF detailing the cover for COVID-19 under Section B – Emergency medical and other expenses.

Is it easy to extend your medical insurance once you are in Thailand?  I am buying 60 days coverage due to a 60 day visa.  Some companies do not allow  you to purchase medical insurance once you are in the country of travel.  I will hopefully extend my tourist visa another 30 days.  Will I be stuck without insurance?  Any comments?  

2 hours ago, Merwan said:

I will hopefully extend my tourist visa another 30 days.

You will not need to show proof of insurance to apply for the 30 day extension.

If you want insurance for personal reasons I am sure you can buy some if you want to.

• Like 1