long wait to get extension .

Hi, i applied for an extension based on marriage on March 1st, all paperwork, photos , maps, and bank account funds ok. Two days later immigration came to my house, more photos taken and everything ok.

I was stamped in till 30th April and told to come back on the 28th or 29th, we phoned them up yesterday and thay said the extension has not come through yet and i need to get a new stamp in my passport.

Is this delay common? i will feel a bit aggrieved if they want to charge me more money for extending my stay while i wait for them to get my extension sorted.

The IO is in Sakon Nakhon.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

these visas/extensions only cause anxiety

Do they? Why?

All quite normal.

When I got my first marriage extension it took 8 months to be aproved.

Had to return every month for another stamp.

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing to worry at all. Applications at Sakon Nakhon also authorized at Khon Kaen, just as @Asquith Production above and his took 8 weeks. Mine have also taken 6 or 7 weeks.

And there's no need to be concerned about the Sakon Nakhon office staff either. They are the most friendly and helpful officers you could hope to have.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

I applied for my extension based on marriage on the 2nd March at Mahasarakham so as to be authorised at Khon kaen. I have just today had my extension stamp. So 8 weeks. 

Appears that Khon Kaen took an extra long Songkran holiday this year. Well deserved? No comment!

4 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Do they? Why?

All quite normal.

When I got my first marriage extension it took 8 months to be aproved.

Had to return every month for another stamp.

It is not normal that you had to return every month for another stamp. Only wasting time and feel stressed because of traffic

5 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

It is not normal that you had to return every month for another stamp. Only wasting time and feel stressed because of traffic

It was quite normal 20 years ago.

Just after that they quickened things up a lot.