Lottery fever in Suphan: Stunted coconut tree looks like a pair of elephants with trunks

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that residents in Suphanburi were flocking to a local temple after reports of a mysterious looking plant.

The "Nam Horm" coconut tree in the grounds of the temple of Wat Dong Sela in Dan Chang district just refused to grow big.

But what had grown looked like a double headed elephant with two trunks. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

7pm1.jpg

This ensured that many people went there armed with joss-sticks, candles and mobile phones to try and divine the lottery numbers. 

Lots of praying was going on with 629 29 62 and 69 favored or even 80 for the upcoming draw. 

The media said this was funny. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

e6c802079242ee136395205cce47a22c6431159dd953322d44684301f34bb661.jpg

43d4b9789204c81f62776b44c0df085059164f350b819291061d331b85d957af.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Sums a lot of what is wrong with this country, bunch of of village yokels praying for winning lottery numbers from a stunted tree. 

Only Women, notice.

8 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I saw 3 cockroaches having a threesome the other day, should i buy lottery? and if yes. what numbers?...

Well, add together the number of legs, plus the number of wings, plus the number of penises involved and there you go, instant millionaire.   LOL

Wife tells me the story of her cousin that recently had a baby, they dipped the baby's hand in a sack of rice and counted the number of grains of rice that stuck to the baby's hand and came up with some lottery numbers and the cousin went on to win several thousand baht, now they're saying that baby is special....555.

Are these type of shrines sponsored by the diabetic society? why on earth would you offer essentially a toxic drink to what you perceive as the highest order. Well at least its better than actually being drunk, as its an offering.

Totally bizarre.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sums a lot of what is wrong with this country, bunch of of village yokels praying for winning lottery numbers from a stunted tree. 

Oh please, a little harmless superstition is definitely not what sums up what's wrong with this country! Get a grip!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Really ? I think not getting a grip on reality is a serious issue !

I agree! But yet again, it's a harmless superstition and it's definitely not what's wrong with Thailand. As a matter of fact,  I find their idiosyncrasies are what makes Thailand charming and special and very different from the west! If you want rationality and everything to go by the book and be boring then to move to a western country where you're not exposed to the "lunacies" of Thailand. Simple fix!