Fruits exports still hit snags on its way to China

webfact

screenshot_17643.jpg

By Erich Parpart

Problems persist in exporting fruits to China despite government assurances that all rail and road checkpoints have now been opened, an exporter association said on Friday.

The association urged the government to clamp down on processing factories that are still failing to follow regulations and speed up their negotiation for a Green Lane at China’s land borders for Thai fruits.

“These borders have been opened for a while now but the problem is that there is still a lot of traffic in Youyiguan, Dongxing, and Mohan because of China’s Zero Covid policy,” Sunchai Puranachaikere, the President of Thai Fresh Fruit Traders and Exporters Association, told Thai Enquirer on the phone.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/39802/fruits-exports-still-hit-snag-on-its-way-to-chian/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-04-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, bdenner said:

If anyone was trying to bring Durian into my back yard I'd be trying anything and everything to stop it!!!

I agree with you but the Chinese love for Durian is something to be seen. When in the shops they push, shove and grab it like it was the last fruit left on earth. A comical sight.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I agree with you but the Chinese love for Durian is something to be seen. When in the shops they push, shove and grab it like it was the last fruit left on earth. A comical sight.

... yep, indeed, even tops the Utterly Ferocious Battle @ The Shrimps Buffet at times and that ought to mean something, 555 ...

• Like 1