Lotus wine price variations.

Denim

Looks like a bargain-bin/mark-down shelf?

Factory-seconds?

Maybe bargain bin because of the excise label, or some other damage, or a customer return.

Or maybe it's older stock - (yes I know its the same vintage) - so gets marked down.

The Suncraft looks like it had some leakage. God only knows these wines suffer ultra-high heat once in the supply chain here.

Maybe take one of those and 11 of the others, make sure they scan the lower priced one first.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Looks like mispricing, fill yer boots as they say!

Yup. But only seems to happen with Lotus. Big C prices seldom vary.

I was back in the Tesco with the cheap wine today and the Harvys VR is now 240 in that store. Up 59 baht but still cheaper than 399 locally.

1 minute ago, Denim said:

One thing I did notice is that the several cheap bottles were not in the wine section. Sandwiched  between the Lao Khao and the Sato ?

Yeah, the nearby Chateau Budweiser was a giveaway.

It's almost certainly a markdown shelf. The only question is why the ended up there.

I'm assuming those prices are applicable to the items above them. Too small to verify.

On 4/30/2022 at 1:27 PM, mtls2005 said:

It's almost certainly a markdown shelf. The only question is why the ended up there.

Tesco Lotus used to do this a lot even in their bigger stores in Pattaya when they were changing the range and wanting to get rid of stock. It is possible that specific store is being "downgraded" on their wine selection so trying to clear it out perhaps.

The last time I saw this was after the ownership change when they were clearing out most of the Tesco brand wines.

As the OP said I have never seen this happen in Big C unfortunately.

Thanks @Denim I will have to check some small stores - never normally go in them.......

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, topt said:

Tesco Lotus used to do this a lot even in their bigger stores in Pattaya when they were changing the range and wanting to get rid of stock. It is possible that specific store is being "downgraded" on their wine selection so trying to clear it out perhaps.

The last time I saw this was after the ownership change when they were clearing out most of the Tesco brand wines.

As the OP said I have never seen this happen in Big C unfortunately.

Thanks @Denim I will have to check some small stores - never normally go in them.......

Well done to @Denimfor spotting this as it wasn't uncommon a while back and I snaffled dozens of bottles at knockdown prices from Tesco Lotus.....good wine too.

I did have some luck at Big C in Phuket with some Italian and Spanish wines, but they were short-lived bargains.

I shall have to go "hunting" again!!!

Edited by xylophone

• 3 months later...

My daughter needed to fix her broken bong so I bought 2 rectangular pieces of clay of the same brand in 2 different 7-elevens. One was 10 bath, the other 55 baht... 

I've stopped trying to find cheapest prices, they're all over the place. If price is OK, buy, if not, don't. It's never ending otherwise 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1