Quick trip abroad instead of extending tourist visa - risks involved

I am currently in Thailand on a 60-day tourist visa. I arrived from Europe at the beginning of April, and planned to get a 30-day extension so that I could stay to the end of June, when I have a flight booked back to Europe. My previous visit to Thailand was also on a tourist visa, arriving at the end of November 2021. I arranged a 30-day extension to this visa at CW, but because I had to fly to the UK at short notice at the end of January 2022, I actually left before the expiry date of the original visa. Consequently, I spent just over two months in Europe between Thailand trips. Both of the tourist visas were obtained from the same embassy (in my country of residence).

Now that travel restrictions are easing significantly - not only in Thailand but also in neighbouring countries - I’m thinking of a quick trip (a couple of nights) to KL, which I have not visited yet. I would plan to do this instead of extending the visa, so at end of May/start of June. This would mean re-entering Thailand (hopefully) on a visa-exempt stamp. This isn’t a visa run in the usual sense, in that I am a “real” tourist, but I am interested to know if there are any risks involved, for example because of the amount of time I have spent in Thailand over the last six months.

Very unlikely you will have any problems. Your travel history comes off as a genuine tourist, you were two months in Europe and didn't even use your previous extension that you paid for. Doesn't come off as a non-tourist just looking to stay here continuously.