Restaurants With No Msg

sheikyerbouti

Hello,

We are staying at the Sheraton Laguna near Bang Tao for a week.

My wife is allergic to MSG, but we love thai food. We want to try many different types of food from Bang Tao to Patong.

Can anyone please recommend restaurants with NO MSG. I know to ask hawker stalls not to add MSG, but unfortunately many sauces etc already have MSG added in manufacturing (we find this here in Australia in the ones imported from Thailand). So maybe it is safer for her to only eat in a restaurant. I am OK to eat anything.

Thanks.

I have a Great restaurant for you and it's real close by, in fact they'll com and pick you up.

It's called Tatonka's and it's at the beginning of the Laguna entry road. It's not strictly Thai but rather Globe trotter cuisine.

The Chef's name is Harold and he'll come out and talk to you and if there's anything specal you want, or special requests (vegitarian, alargy to ginger, no msg (don't think he uses any anyway)) he can accomodate you.

It's located at the beginging of the Lagoon Rd. in the same complex that had Supper Club, Toto's and Pepers bar.

Tatonka is closed on Wed's

If you wanna play it easy peasy you hotel should have his number, ask to be connected and they'll com and pick you up at the arranged time.

I also have a problem with MSG. It gives me bad headaches. Not sure if you speak Thai, but as a help whenever you order in restaurants if the waitress doesn't understand your request just say "mai sai sharote." or pung sharote.

A great beachside Thai restaurant in your area where you can talk with the owner to ensure getting absolutely no MSG is White Orchid restaurant in Kamala Beach. Your hotel knows their phone number and you can ring them in advance.