TM30 28 and a house master responsibility

So I have been in a great long term rental with friendly owner for years.. I (usually) do my TM30s and always do any time I know I have to have immigration interactions. I have a current TM30 to the house. 

The owner is selling us the house and it will of course be owned and gifted to my wife (comments unrequired ???? ). Its likely that this process is finalized this or next week. 

Once this is done and the house ownership transfers from the landlord to my wife as housemaster, does she have any obligation to do a TM28 on me, and does my TM30 remain valid or must I do a new TM30 to a new housemaster and within how much time of the transfer. 

Partly why I ask is I am going to be renewing an annual extension end of this month, and I have a very low tolerance for being fcuked around and extorted even when the amounts are small. So I wish to give them no opportunity to waste my time, bounce me about, or claim a fine for something I or my wife did not do. If it wasnt for the timing of the extension I would simply ignore, have a euro holiday in mid summer and come back fresh. 

Since you are not technically changing address most offices may not want a TM30 report. Most office will only want a TM30 report for a change of address.

You may not need to do anything until you apply for your next extension to prove your address.

My reply almost certainly will not help you but I might as well mention this:

All this TM30/28 nonsense really annoys me so much that when I have read up on it, it goes in one ear and out the other. So I know little about it. 

Several years ago, Phuket immigration made me go through a TM30/28 rigmarole because I live with my girlfriend, in her house. We even had to submit a rental contract to them! Farcical!

We did it once and have never done anything about it since.  

25 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

. I (usually) do my TM30s and always do any time I know I have to have immigration interactions

Which immigration office.

I have never supplied a TM30 at CW for extensions.

I would do one if I changed address. 

You are not changing address. 

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you are not technically changing address most offices may not want a TM30 report. Most office will only want a TM30 report for a change of address.

You may not need to do anything until you apply for your next extension to prove your address.

So my wife has no obligation to file a TM28 (or rather the obligation that exists by law is never enforced ??) I dont believe my current landlord has ever done it in the 7 years in this house but then the current landlord doesnt have to accompany me to an extension of stay appointment with my wallet present !! 

I also ask as I have a hot head and a brutally stubborn streak, I will follow the rules, but if the rules are simply made up to extract money I will not comply. No matter the cost. I have told them no when it was wildly against my personal interest multiple times. Rather than pay a 2k fine that I feel is not due I will take a 200k holiday etc etc. 

I just want it correct.. I have a TM 30, when my wife becomes house master she has no obligation to do a TM28 ?? and I dont need to make a new TM30 ?? 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office.

I have never supplied a TM30 at CW for extensions.

I would do one if I changed address. 

You are not changing address. 

Chiang mai.. They were TM30 crazy for a while (its backed off and been forgotten) but a TM30 is needed for extensions and the last residence paper I needed for car sales. 

Previously wives who came with husbands for extensions that had no TM30 were fined (and the husband pays !!) but in my case we have the TM30 but wrong house master.. I am just trying to establish they wont flip that to 'ahh but you did not do X' to my wife (who will wai, look scared, ask me to pay). 

Edited by LivinLOS

2 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

I just want it correct.. I have a TM 30, when my wife becomes house master she has no obligation to do a TM28 ?? and I dont need to make a new TM30 ?? 

A TM28 form is not longer used for a change of address. It was replaced by a TM27 form 2 years ago.

A new TM30 form is no longer required unless you change addresses.

You would not need to provide proof there is new owner of your residence until you do your next extension if they wanted a rental agreement previously when you did it.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM28 form is not longer used for a change of address. It was replaced by a TM27 form 2 years ago.

A new TM30 form is no longer required unless you change addresses.

You would not need to provide proof there is new owner of your residence until you do your next extension if they wanted a rental agreement previously when you did it.

Yes the previous applications were with a rental agreement.. The one at the end of the month will just be my wife on the tabien baan. 

So then doe she need to do a TM27 ?? 

8 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

So then doe she need to do a TM27 ?? 

You have not changed addresses so it would not be needed.

At the most they may want a TM30 report to change the name of the person that did the previous TM30 report.

again.. I dont feel like I will be open to any fine as I have my TM30.. 

My primary concern is they will attempt fine my wife (and I pay it) for not filing the TM27 when I need to renew my extension. 

We will both be there, I need them, they know ultimately I am paying, it just makes you an easy target open to abuse. Call my cynical but my experience is whenever that has been my position they have tried to abuse it.

41 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

My primary concern is they will attempt fine my wife (and I pay it) for not filing the TM27 when I need to renew my extension. 

A TM27 is only for reporting a change of address. You will not be changing addresses.

TM28 no longer required

TM27 isn't enforced by any immigration office as far as I know

TM30 is the only thing you have to care about

You stay at the same place, so no TM30 required, doesn't matter that the owner changes

Edited by FriendlyFarang