Adding a person to your condo blue book, tabien bahn

My tgf has moved in with me, hopefully on a permanent basis (yes i know no comments please). She previously was on the tabien bahn on somewhere she rented and has used it for years. I would like to add her onto my condo blue book as a resident at my address. We went to City Hall, in Pattaya, to make the change but was told we need the previous tabien bahn owner to be present to "approve" the change. That person has moved away and, despite many attemps,  has no interest in coming back to effect the change. Does that mean my tgf can never change her tabien bahn? Seems ridiculous that she is in that position. Is there any way we can force the other person to make the change?

OP, it sounds like the previous owner of your condo is still listed as the house master in the blue book. Take along chanote and prove ownership etc and you should be able to change housemaster etc. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, it sounds like the previous owner of your condo is still listed as the house master in the blue book. Take along chanote and prove ownership etc and you should be able to change housemaster etc. 

Sorry maybe i didn't make it clear, i am the first and only owner of my condo. The chanote is in my name. Taking my chanote to City Hall didn't help. They want the person who owns the property on my tgf's current tabien bahn to approve the switch to my tabien bahn.

Edited by Henryford

17 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Sorry maybe i didn't make it clear, i am the first and only owner of my condo. The chanote is in my name. Taking my chanote to City Hall didn't help. They want the person on my tgf's current tabien bahn to approve the switch to my tabien bahn.

That makes no sense at all, surely they wouldn't need the approval of the house book she is leaving.

Go back next week and say she isn't in any housebook and wants to go in yours.

Im just checking with my wife (and her documents) as we did the same thing a couple of weeks ago no problems

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

That makes no sense at all, surely they wouldn't need the approval of the house book she is leaving.

Go back next week and say she isn't in any housebook and wants to go in yours.

Im just checking with my wife (and her documents) as we did the same thing a couple of weeks ago no problems

Thanks Peter i agree it's crazy. Maybe i need a to attach a 1000 baht note to my blue book.

7 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Thanks Peter i agree it's crazy. Maybe i need a to attach a 1000 baht note to my blue book.

Wife thinks it may be because your GF is housemaster (controls who can go in book) in the old book, and that may need to be cancelled at the old ampher.  (But shouldn't need the old owners permission).

Edited by Peterw42

23 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Wife thinks it may be because your GF is housemaster (controls who can go in book) in the old book, and that may need to be cancelled at the old ampher.  (But shouldn't need the old owners permission).

Thanks again Peter but she has never been a housemaster anywhere.

To enter her into new tabien baan she would need to be removed from the previous one. Original tabien baan (old one) is needed to enter the line under her record of her new address and date of change. On your tabien baan it would then state her previous address, and date of entering her into your blue book. The owner of the previous residence isn't needed, however the book is. I don't know if there is a way around that.

13 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

To enter her into new tabien baan she would need to be removed from the previous one. Original tabien baan (old one) is needed to enter the line under her record of her new address and date of change. On your tabien baan it would then state her previous address, and date of entering her into your blue book. The owner of the previous residence isn't needed, however the book is. I don't know if there is a way around that.

Thanks that seems to confirm our problem. So if the previous house master won't provide the book she can never change !!

7 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

No, that's wrong, the old house book is not required.

Here the official requirements:

https://www.dopa.go.th/public_service/service_guide24/view436

Thanks for this but my tgf seems to think that the rules in this guide only apply if you are transferring between provinces. If you apply within Chon Buri you still need the book, and probably the housemaster to bring it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 7:21 AM, Henryford said:

Thanks for this but my tgf seems to think that the rules in this guide only apply if you are transferring between provinces. If you apply within Chon Buri you still need the book, and probably the housemaster to bring it.

Then couldn't you arrange to have her change into a tabian baan in another province and then make the change to your tabian baan in Chonburi? For a little compensation, I'm sure someone would volunteer their tabian baan.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 7:21 AM, Henryford said:

Here the requirements for moving in the same area:

https://www.dopa.go.th/public_service/service_guide24/view435

Also no original housebook required.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Henryford said:

My tgf just read it, it says the original tabien bahn is needed.

Then either your tgf's Thai isn't so good, or maybe she isn't telling you the truth and actually she doesn't want to move?

เอกสาร/หลักฐานที่ใช้
1. บัตรประจำตัวประชาชน
ฉบับจริง 1 ฉบับ
หมายเหตุ (ผู้แจ้ง)
2. บัตรประจำตัวประชาชน
ฉบับจริง 1 ฉบับ
หมายเหตุ (เจ้าบ้านที่ยินยอมให้ย้ายเข้า)
3.สำเนาทะเบียนบ้านฉบับเจ้าบ้าน ท.ร.14
ฉบับจริง 1 ฉบับ
หมายเหตุ (ของบ้านที่่ย้ายออก และที่ย้ายเข้า)
4.ใบรับแจ้งการย้ายออกตามแบบ ท.ร.6 ตอนหน้า
ฉบับจริง 1 ฉบับ
หมายเหตุ (กรณีแจ้งย้ายกับ กำนัน ผู้ใหญ่บ้าน)

1. ID card of the person who does the notification

2. ID card of the house owner where the person moves into

3. Copy of the house book where she is moving out, and copy of the house book where she is moving in

4. Form TR6

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Haha 1

Thanks again i will question her but if she is not keen it doesn't matter to me either way. Looks like all we need is a copy of the old book. I presume her ID is required as she is doing the notification. Of course i have no ID card so i presume my passport is OK.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:26 AM, Henryford said:

They want the person who owns the property on my tgf's current tabien bahn to approve the switch to my tabien bahn.

That's not a legal requirement.

All that is needed is her Thai ID card and the owner of the new property with their book..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2022 at 7:47 AM, Henryford said:

We went to City Hall, in Pattaya, to make the change but was told we need the previous tabien bahn owner to be present to "approve" the change.

Someone is lying. I've just changed my blue housebook and the original owner does not need to be present.