Visa on arrival

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just another case of calling a visa exempt entry a visa on arrival.

A visa exempt entry is for 30 days and a visa on arrival is for 15 days after applying for it and paying a 2000 baht fee for it.

See this list for both of them. List of countries for visa exempt and visas on arrival dated October 2021.

The UK is shown on the 30 day visa exempt entries.

Thanks for your reply. With visa exempt can I use fast track entry channel? 
i did have a retirement visa which ran out in March which I intend to renew. I have annual insurance and 800,000 baht on deposit still 

7 minutes ago, musicscene said:

Thanks for your reply. With visa exempt can I use fast track entry channel? 
i did have a retirement visa which ran out in March which I intend to renew. I have annual insurance and 800,000 baht on deposit still 

You can enter visa exempt and obtain your non O retirement at immigration followed by extension.

As for insurance you only require covid 10k insurance with 30 day cover.  Buy the cheapest most useless policy. 

Hello all, I’ve been gone for 4 years wanting to come back to CNX  in August.

Wondering if I can enter with two month e- visa and then get 30 day extensions for 5 or 6 months total? I realize nobody knows what changes might happen in the next few months but if worse comes to worse could one simply go to Vietnam and apply for another two month e-visa? Is there a limit to how many Evisas you can apply for or which country you have to be in when you apply? 

29 minutes ago, devaram said:

Wondering if I can enter with two month e- visa and then get 30 day extensions for 5 or 6 months total? I realize nobody knows what changes might happen in the next few months but if worse comes to worse could one simply go to Vietnam and apply for another two month e-visa? Is there a limit to how many Evisas you can apply for or which country you have to be in when you apply? 

The e visa site is not used by all embassies and official consulates.

Many still require the application be done in person.

49 minutes ago, devaram said:

two month e- visa and then get 30 day extensions for 5 or 6 months total?

You would be entering with tourist visa 60 day stay.

You can obtain  30 day extension.

You then need to exit Thailand and can reenter visa exempt (border bounce).

That gives 30 days + you can obtain 30 day extension. 

That's 5 months.

If required you could do a second border run + extension = 7 months

Edited by DrJack54

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You would be entering with tourist visa 60 day stay.

You can obtain  30 day extension.

You then need to exit Thailand and can reenter visa exempt (border bounce).

That gives 30 days + you can obtain 30 day extension. 

That's 5 months.

If required you could do a second border run + extension = 7 months

OK thank for that update.. What about the covid extensions that everyone seems to be getting for many months in a row?

Im still not clear why you could not leave the country and apply for another evisa?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, devaram said:

Im still not clear why you could not leave the country and apply for another evisa?

e-visa is offered only in a handful countries mostly in the USA, UK, Germany, France. In most countries it is not not offered. 

24 minutes ago, devaram said:

OK thank for that update.. What about the covid extensions that everyone seems to be getting for many months in a row?

Confusing.

Leave country and apply for eVisa where 

Which country.

Forget covid extension statement.

What are you actually asking about? 

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Confusing.

Leave country and apply for eVisa where 

Which country.

Forget covid extension statement.

What are you actually asking about? 

I guess a key question is where you must be located in order to use the e-visa system. For instance, can a UK citizen use the e-visa system even when not in the UK? Might it even be possible to use the e-visa system when still in Thailand, but wanting to make a short trip where visiting any embassy would be inconvenient or impossible? I am guessing not, but I have not seen this question definitively addressed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BritTim said:

For instance, can a UK citizen use the e-visa system even when not in the UK?

That might depend upon the type of visa being applied for. A tourist visa application requires a ticket to Thailand to complete the application and few others as well.

On 5/2/2022 at 4:25 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

He won't find that either. As others have alluded to, UK citizens (which includes the English) are not eligible for visa on arrival, but can get a 30-day visa exempt entry.

Yes Or Embassy Tourist & Longstay Visas. 

1 minute ago, TropicalGuy said:

Good to know when I ( hopefully) hit 70 in 4 years time ???? If having ANY Thai Visa / Extn. I always use Fast Track Suv Immy. Never been refused. ????????

It's a very civilised concession by Thai Immigration. In former years I used to follow my wife through the Thai Citizens channel, and never got refused there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That might depend upon the type of visa being applied for. A tourist visa application requires a ticket to Thailand to complete the application and few others as well.

That is rational, but tourist visas used to be issued with a ticket to Thailand, even if not from home country. This was in recognition of the fact that someone, for instance, might want to spend a week in Vietnam before flying, say, from Hanoi to Chiang Mai.

If lots of people started applying for tourist visas without being in home country, I suspect (even if this was initially successful) the rules would be changed to block a loophole where people could use a combination of rental tickets and border bounces for a much improved version of in/out for visa exempt entry.

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

For instance, can a UK citizen use the e-visa system even when not in the UK? Might it even be possible to use the e-visa system when still in Thailand, but wanting to make a short trip where visiting any embassy would be inconvenient or impossible? I am guessing not, but I have not seen this question definitively addressed.

I have done this procedure for a Non-O. It worked fine. I can't come up with any reason why this would be problematic?

You are vetted by the Thai embassy in your Passport country. Where you happen to be during this process should not make any difference to anyone? Fly home during application? What for? Process is exactly the same wherever you are.

• Confused 1