No ‘land-entry’ fee to be collected on international tourists yet, Thai Prime Minister says

snoop1130

Just now, Canadian Snowbird said:

Guess I won't be part of the 20 million they're expecting by the 4th quarter if they don't soon get rid of the Thailand pass system and the added covid insurance requirement, because I won't be making any plans to return until they are gone.

So many many people are saying..... it is getting a bit tiresome really as if the Thai authorities are concerned over these odd noises of foot stamping from afar. As noted many are quite prepared to take on the limited restrictions we have now....  even they will be gone, in their own time. 

• Confused 1

The wildest, most pie-in-the-sky predictions I've seen for international tourists for this entire year were in the 10 million range.  For him to be thinking 20 million in the 4th quarter shows what a poor job he is doing with managing things and making important decisions.   If he believes 20 million international tourists are coming in the 4th quarter, that very wrong information will likely mean bad decisions on both tourism and other things related to tourism.  To make good decisions you need to at least start with good, accurate information.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Canadian Snowbird said:

Guess I won't be part of the 20 million they're expecting by the 4th quarter if they don't soon get rid of the Thailand pass system and the added covid insurance requirement, because I won't be making any plans to return until they are gone.

Can someone explain to me how this will affect my proposed trip to UK in August?  I am an expat & every year (for the previous 15) got a re-entry permit to return after visiting my family.  Do I need some form of Holiday Insurance to return or is my 800K in the bank enough?

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

...and an expected 20 million tourists to visit Thailand in the fourth quarter of 2022.

20 million in a quarter is equal to 80 million tourists during a whole year, which is a double up from pre-Covid 2019 - truth or wishful TAT-calculator? - by the way, does anybody know the brand and model of this amazing calculator...:whistling:

• Like 1