How to convert Facebook video's to mp4

ChipButty

As the title says does anybody know a program or a BOT that can convert Facebook video's to mp4 so that I can upload to Youtube? Im not having much luck I have searched Google and Youtube and most of the programs people are recommending dont work, Getting nowhere I'll keep trying,

Cheers CB 

Guest truthman

You should be albe to download facebook videos in mp4 format with 4k video downloader. Or you can convert them with Any Video Convertor.

14 hours ago, truthman said:

You should be albe to download facebook videos in mp4 format with 4k video downloader. Or you can convert them with Any Video Convertor.

I have tried loads, that what they say but they dont work 

14 hours ago, recom273 said:

A lot of these free apps are filled with bloat and trackers but I think this one is OK for free. Easy to use, will output to MP4

https://clipgrab.org/faqs/howto-download-facebook-video

Thanks for you suggestion It doesn't work I tried a few URL's from Facebook, nothing 

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Thanks for you suggestion It doesn't work I tried a few URL's from Facebook, nothing 

It works fella - maybe you have some issues with your permissions or settings.

Try this random vid I picked from fb

https://www.facebook.com/Jasmiochannel/videos/967974544078216/

Not only does it grab Facebook, it also grabs iplayer and stv shows. 

if you care to post some of the urls, I can try to replicate.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I have tried loads, that what they say but they dont work 

If you go to the post with video you will see alongside the header 3 dots, click on that and there is the option to save the video.

Once you have the video you can convert it to a variety of formats using VLC, a fairly common video player. In VLC under "Media" there is a line "Convert/Save" and follow the prompts. There is a dropdown for the format in either audio or video for various devices.

I have tried many of the downloaders in the past and also came up against all sort of problems.

If you access Facebook on a Windows computer using Firefox then "Download Facebook Video or Photo" is a free add on that works well for not only Facebook but videos on many other sites.  It does take some learning since it may show partial videos first then it will usually show a download for the entire video.  It may also shows some "suggested" video downloads.

Format Factory is a nice free video, audio, picture, document, and DVD\CD\ISO converter for Windows.  I use it all the time for converting video files to a different format or for changing the resolution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This works for me:

To download a Facebook video on your computer, right-click on it and choose Show Video URL. Then paste the URL into a new tab and replace the www with mbasic. Finally, right-click it and select Save video as… Log in to Facebook on your computer.

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

At times I screen record, then I can edit, change screen format 16:9 etc to reduce size. 

That's exactly what I do:

- run Google Chrome to play the video on a website

- click Windows+Alt+R to start and stop recording the whole screen

- use AviDemux to:

- edit the recording to retain only the video (crop off the unwanted Chrome page surrounding it)

- change format to 16:9

- reduce size, usually to 512x288, which is still 16:9.

youtube-dl is the gold standard for downloading videos from a ton of popular sites. https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl

There's pretty good documentation on how to install and use it. The command line interface can be intimidating at first but it's really quite simple.

For you once it's running just type

youtube-dl --format mp4 link-to-facebook-video

If a video doesn't have mp4 and you want to re-encode then:

youtube-dl --recode-video mp4 link-to-facebook-video