Are we coming to the end of the pandemic in Thailand?

webfact

Off topic posts and replies about Yingluck and Thaksin have been removed.

Off topic posts and replies regarding the NHS in the UK have been removed.  

This topic is about:   Are we coming to the end of the pandemic in Thailand?

I wore a mask, a N95 mask for pollution issues in Bangkok, even before COVID 

came along. In the future I will still wear a mask on the bad air days in Bangkok.

At Hua Hin, and South Pattaya areas, I seldom wore a mask as the air was much

cleaner there most days, however in Pattaya one day, my friends and I wore a mask

as every Thai around us, said the air was not fog, but smog, and no good for

lungs, We all thought better safe than sorry.  I do hope that COVID is becoming endemic.

Life has to get back to some kind of normal, and right now it is not normal.

13 hours ago, paulikens said:

@jacko45k  what the hell are you talking about!! they are required outside and in supermarkets.  do you know the actual mask mandate.  or are you not even here in thailand???

I have likely been here longer than you.....and not taken a trip out for a few years now. As I said, many are not bothering with masks, recently in the Pattaya area, certainly not outside, also occasionally in supermarkets (Malls). I personally do, always  in the latter case.  There are no police going about arresting people not wearing them, so the cry-babies who are unable to suffer them are not really forced to. Even security in Malls aren't bothering. 

On 5/5/2022 at 9:52 AM, jacko45k said:

You need to get out more..... 

I don't believe that nonsense, you are being led by the nose.

You don't read studies mate.

Get off of MSM you will be in for some catching up.

I'm the one researching journals [led by the nose] your taking someones word for it.

You do the math.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, DRD123 said:

You don't read studies mate.

Get off of MSM you will be in for some catching up.

I'm the one researching journals [led by the nose] your taking someones word for it.

You do the math.

Of course you are, and you supply no such references. Tell me, these journals, do they have balloons coming from the characters head with words (short ones) written in them? You don't come across as particularly well rounded literally. 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:22 AM, webfact said:

The anticipated major spike after the Songkran migration has also not materialised, which is a relief for the medical experts and the government.

„A relief“? Really?
That is a very nice way to say:

All those doomsayers -the self-declared medical experts- 

and the government health officials

got it totally wrong !

Their horror scenario mathematical simulations did not work - again. Ferguson and the Imperial College made in Thailand.

… how long will it take them to realize, there are already quite a number of disturbing studies in other countries like USA, Denmark, UK, Israel,…

and to evaluate the negative effects of their Covid measures on Thailand and steer against them?
- psychological problems, kids loosing years in school,

Foegen effect, V-AIDS, … 

16 hours ago, Bernietravelling said:

All those doomsayers -the self-declared medical experts- 

and the government health officials

got it totally wrong !

No, they got buried or cremated..... some are still alive with medical issues from long Covid. Good to be forward looking, sad to have a short memory!

On 5/7/2022 at 5:59 AM, jacko45k said:

Of course you are, and you supply no such references. Tell me, these journals, do they have balloons coming from the characters head with words (short ones) written in them? You don't come across as particularly well rounded literally. 

Get to work. I would give you a summary but you won't like it and will respond with more insults so i shall refrain.

https://www.icandecide.org/pfizer/

On 5/6/2022 at 6:16 AM, jacko45k said:

I have likely been here longer than you.....and not taken a trip out for a few years now. As I said, many are not bothering with masks, recently in the Pattaya area, certainly not outside, also occasionally in supermarkets (Malls). I personally do, always  in the latter case.  There are no police going about arresting people not wearing them, so the cry-babies who are unable to suffer them are not really forced to. Even security in Malls aren't bothering. 

Have I gotten it wrong all this time? 

I've always thought laws and regulations were defined by the governing bodies who make them.............. not by the numbers of people who choose to break them. 

Silly me! 

Cheers! 

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy

On 5/5/2022 at 11:35 AM, hotchilli said:

Personally I'm reading government figures which say a drop in reported cases, however around me where I live I see many with infections, and not decreasing.

When the government say anything about everything, the opposite is invariably the truth. 

Tourism, Covid, Protests, Drugs, Sex, Rock n Roll.

All pulled out of someone's ancient and high-ranking ass.

12 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Have I gotten it wrong all this time? 

I've always thought laws and regulations were defined by the governing bodies who make them.............. not by the numbers of people who choose to break them. 

Silly me! 

Cheers! 

Perhaps you do not understand Thailand and how it is.... 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps you do not understand Thailand and how it is.... 

Soooooo...... 

People breaking the law and ignoring the law........... changes the law............ in Thailand? 

That's astounding! 

Therefore, people not wearing masks in Thailand......... means there is no government mask mandate in Thailand............. (which is what was implied in the post I originally responded to.)

Because........... apparently............ "[I] do not understand Thailand and how it is." 

Man, it must feel good to be so much better informed! 

Cheers!