Hua Hin second most popular destination in Thailand for domestic travellers in May

tourists-huahin-beach-696x463.jpg

Tourists on Hua Hin beach, file photo

By Online Reporter

Pattaya and Hua Hin are the two most popular destinations for domestic travellers during the May holidays in Thailand.

According to data released by Agoda, Pattaya and Hua Hin were the two most searched destinations on its platform for booking for the recent Labour Day long weekend (May 1-2) and the upcoming Visaka holiday, which will take place from May 15.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Pattaya and Hua Hin, which were the first and second most searched for destinations, respectively, ahead of Phuket (3rd), Bangkok (4th) and Khao Yai (5th), Agoda said.

Pattaya

Hua Hin

Phuket

Bangkok

Khao Yai

Chiang Mai

Krabi

Kanchanaburi

Chonburi

Koh Chang

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/hua-hin-second-most-popular-destination-in-thailand-for-domestic-travellers-in-may/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-05-05

- Pacific Prime offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

What constitutes a search? Simply typing in the name of the place? Or hotel name, or hotel viewing? And presumably, only searching via Agoda. And how can a search be used as a metric for actual bookings? People could be doing their own market research and not booking at all. All very dubious to draw any conclusions from these data, especially to claim the most searched are the most popular final destinations.

• Like 1

Well I am not surprised. I have been to all these places, and enjoyed myself everywhere.

I do prefer to be near the ocean though as I live near the mountains, so like to holiday

somewhere different. Cannot swim at Hua Hin or area beaches as there are waves most days,

and I like to wade at Jontien beach to cool down, when I visit Pattaya area.

In Phuket I swam at Kata Beach, and Karen Beach, and a couple others as the waves were gentle,

and the sea was clean.