Phuket office retirement extension feedback

Agusts

I take it you were doing the monthly income method for your extension?   I did my marriage extension a couple of weeks ago (lump sum method), and all went as normal with the exception that they wanted my bank book copies showing a transaction on that day (there was one about 10 days before, balance hadn't changed from the bank letter nor the 3 months statement I provided).   No worries, off to the nearest SCB branch (Robinsons) put some money in the account and got new copies of the bank book page and returned to IO.   Lesson learned for next year.

Got my extension for retirement a couple of weeks ago.

Personally, I wouldn't go early as everyone else does as well. I usually turn up at around two in the afternoon and there is virtually no wait, except for the document check. I also went on a Friday which also helped.

I ordered a one year statement from Bangkok Bank and it arrived by email two days later.

On the day I went to immigration, I took 100Bt out of the account, updated my passbook, and then went in to get the three month statement and letter.

Only took copies of the last three extensions (as instructed on their site).

All documents accepted without further questions and signed their form about understanding the rules. Don't know why they did this as I had a signed TM2 which is virtually the same thing.

Went back on the following Monday. Getting the re-entry stamp in the big room took far longer than submitting my passport and paperwork for the extension.

34 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Getting the re-entry stamp in the big room took far longer than submitting my passport and paperwork for the extension.

The re-entry for one trip out/return or multiple?

9 hours ago, beechbum said:

The re-entry for one trip out/return or multiple?

It doesn't matter, it's the same IO doing the job.  I applied for a re-entry permit 2 weeks ago.  It took 2 hours and there was not even that many people in the room.  I was there at 2pm.  The IO at Counter 7 even made me filled in all the data about when I am leaving and when I will be coming back.  I didn't have to do that the past 10 years.  Especially immediately after you obtained your new extension of stay to save a trip to the Imm office and don't even know exactly when you will be travelling.

2 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

It doesn't matter, it's the same IO doing the job.  I applied for a re-entry permit 2 weeks ago.  It took 2 hours and there was not even that many people in the room.  I was there at 2pm.  The IO at Counter 7 even made me filled in all the data about when I am leaving and when I will be coming back.  I didn't have to do that the past 10 years.  Especially immediately after you obtained your new extension of stay to save a trip to the Imm office and don't even know exactly when you will be travelling.

Yes, same thing happened to me. The girl wanted to know the dates I was going to travel. I said I didn't know and that this was in case I had to fly out due to an emergency. Eventually, a more senior officer said it was OK. First time they have ever asked.

I maybe wrong (and almost certainly am), but for some reason I get a feeling that after two years of giving carte blanche Covid extensions to anyone with a pulse, they're adding a level of stringency to 'normal' operations.   This in anticipation of a complete withdrawal of temporary and emergency extensions (with the exception of Russians and Ukranians of course).

I certainly hope so.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer the question above, my extension was based on 800k baht in the bank, not monthly incoming fund...

I actually met another guy who went the same time as me a few weeks ago and his 6 months statement was accepted, no question... So I think it depends on which side they wake up in the morning - as usual !

(Just to note my money is in foreign currency GBP account, if it makes any difference , but I had my baht book that I use frequently and showed them that but they still wanted annual statement....).

I used to get re-entry permit on same day too, but since in 2020 it was totally wasted as due to Covid I didn't go, I'm not doing that any more, just get it before I go, I also found Patong office was better and easier for that, didn't want any copies (although it was very quiet last year, now it's busy again).

They always asked me for exit and re-entry dates in the past, but said it's not important, just put anything...