Installing Shopee app on a mobile phone

I can't get an OTP message when buying on their website using my Windows 10 PC (I used to get them), so decided to install the app on my phone.

But it's in Thai.

And after "signing in" with the username and password (that works on Windows) I get a black square with rotating dots and the word "loading" (in Thai) underneath.

It never loads.

Anyone use it without problems?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes works for me fine, go into Me, then settings, then language. If it's playing up, uninstall and try again

Screenshot_2022-05-06-12-30-26-791_com.shopee.th.jpg

Thanks so much! Now that it's in English I checked that the "Bank Accounts / Cards" setting is correct and "My Addresses" is correct.

I also set my Birthday to the correct date but, after trying to save the change, I got the same "loading" message with rotating white circles.

I aborted that and tried to pay using the mobile, but no OTP received.

So I reckon it's because my phone is very old running an old (v6.0.1) Android..

39 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Thanks so much! Now that it's in English I checked that the "Bank Accounts / Cards" setting is correct and "My Addresses" is correct.

I also set my Birthday to the correct date but, after trying to save the change, I got the same "loading" message with rotating white circles.

I aborted that and tried to pay using the mobile, but no OTP received.

So I reckon it's because my phone is very old running an old (v6.0.1) Android..

Maybe because it's an old version but maybe trying to use bank accounts is an issue, i couldn't set up, customer service said COD only

Edited by scubascuba3

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe because it's an old version but maybe trying to use bank accounts is an issue, i couldn't set up, customer service said COD only

I wouldn't mind COD only! Is it possible to set that as default on my Shopee account?

I don't use a bank account for online purchases. I use a Kasikorn Bank "Shopping card". It's "virtual", not a real piece of plastic - they sent me the card details (it's a VISA number) and it works on Lazada and AliExpress. The card has just a few thousand baht in it, so I'm not too worried about being hacked. 

I've used it in the past on Shopee, but always on my Windows 10 PC at the Shopee website, so I don't know why it has stopped working now. Here's the screen displayed while I'm waiting for the OTP on my phone. There's nothing personally identifiable there (I blacked out the card no.):

580590500_ShopeeSnapshot.jpg.187f2ee7dec238ae7c4d9cd9c646bc8f.jpg

It may be just this store that has a problem. I'll try buying other stuff to see if the card works elsewhere on Shopee.

If not, I'll try to set up COD as default, or I'll have to pay a visit to the bank.