Trading in Thailand

Be interested to here what Platforms are being used to Trade while living permanently in Thailand and your satisfaction rating. Preferably CFD providers with a GSLO.

I mainly trade US stocks, World Indices and Commodities. 

If you Trade the local who do you use and what software do you use to scan for possible candidates.

Thanks in Advance 

• Like 1

if yuo are from the U.S. than why not stick to a U.S. platform?

otherwise you can open an account with HSBC hong kong, they offer all

sorts of products.

in thailand there are'nt many trading opportunities, besides THAI AIRWAYS that

might fly back to the air from an allmost bankruptcy price.

Screenshot 2022-04-27 143145.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Scott

I'm Australian so looking for a Platform anywhere but there. 

Not looking for tips as I trade my own Plan.

As far as I know only some CFD providers provide a GSLO, Guaranteed Stop Loss Order and if the instrument or stock doesn't have one then NO trade as I prefer to trade with a known risk on opening.

Looked through the HSBC and doesn't offer what I'm looking for.

Don't trade FX or Crapto either even though it's no longer it's own market and fluctuations now pretty much follow the US Market.

Cheers

50 minutes ago, TT1951 said:

Thanks for the info Scott

I'm Australian so looking for a Platform anywhere but there. 

Not looking for tips as I trade my own Plan.

As far as I know only some CFD providers provide a GSLO, Guaranteed Stop Loss Order and if the instrument or stock doesn't have one then NO trade as I prefer to trade with a known risk on opening.

Looked through the HSBC and doesn't offer what I'm looking for.

Don't trade FX or Crapto either even though it's no longer it's own market and fluctuations now pretty much follow the US Market.

Cheers

If you were in Australia,  UK or USA what  platform  would you use that offers GSLO

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

If you were in Australia,  UK or USA what  platform  would you use that offers GSLO

CMC or IG with CMC being first choice and I looked at the closest being Singapore but they don't permit Thailand to open an account.

48 minutes ago, TT1951 said:

CMC or IG with CMC being first choice and I looked at the closest being Singapore but they don't permit Thailand to open an account.

We found when living abroad it was best to  use our home address to set up trading accounts

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

We found when living abroad it was best to  use our home address to set up trading accounts

Thanks for the reply but no home address and if things work out won't be returning.

No assets or Bank Accounts in OZ so non resident for tax purposes which is why l closed my OZ IG some time back.

Cheers

3 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Interactive Brokers.

I set up a account from Thailand online over 10 years ago, tick the right boxes and you can trade anything from any country

Thanks will check them out 

7 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Interactive Brokers.

I set up a account from Thailand online over 10 years ago, tick the right boxes and you can trade anything from any country

Yes they are well known  but opening a trading account  10 years ago was easy. It might be different  now. Also - do they offer GSLO?

The OP could try shareview or Equniti as possible  platform's but I think residency might  be an issue.

27 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes they are well known  but opening a trading account  10 years ago was easy. It might be different  now. Also - do they offer GSLO?

The OP could try shareview or Equniti as possible  platform's but I think residency might  be an issue.

Tried to open an account with IB and it was a laborious process.

Got to the end an even stating 15 years Trading this 10 years Trading that still got refused so yes not easy it seems.

Thanks for all the possibilities and will check them out.

IG Sing have said l can open an account with my Thailand home address as on my Retirement Visa so may end up opening an account with them and a second account elsewhere.

I had trouble with IG Oz when using them and not really that satisfied so switched to CMC where the service was much better and open.

I like CFD's because you can Trade a multitude of instruments from one account with ease and have the use of the GSLO.

Using the GSLO is my sleep at night go bush if l want factor knowing lm not going to incur slippage. It also allows me to pyramid aggressively (be a pig) each time l reach breakeven on a winning position with the same initial risk and not increase my portfolio heat.

What works for me anyway and thanks for your comments ???? 

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Had to look up GSLO, yes you can do stop loss's. 

You can set your IB account in countless configurations.

As for opening a new account, I had to set up a new account in Canada and transfer my Thailand based account to comply with residency and tax issues. Took about 30 minutes to set up and then transfer from my bank to the new account a token amount, then took about a month to transfer over to the new account.

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong about this but I think trading platforms require that you provide a "number " that verifies that you are resident for purpose of taxation of some country.

I trade with interactive brokers .They are also cheap to transfer money .But haven't normally allowed Thai residents to open an account in recent years .I'm a resident for taxation in a third country and maintain an address there so no issue. If you are making money in the stock market and not reporting the income anywhere for taxations you are indistinguishable from a criminal in there eyes.

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 11:18 PM, bwanajohn said:

I could be wrong about this but I think trading platforms require that you provide a "number " that verifies that you are resident for purpose of taxation of some country.

I trade with interactive brokers .They are also cheap to transfer money .But haven't normally allowed Thai residents to open an account in recent years .I'm a resident for taxation in a third country and maintain an address there so no issue. If you are making money in the stock market and not reporting the income anywhere for taxations you are indistinguishable from a criminal in there eyes.

Yes your right and IG and CMC Sing have asked for my OZ TFN which I expected and provided.

I am a non redident for tax purposes so not required to report any overseas income which I don't.