What happens if my change of reason to stay from work to retirement is rejected?

I will be cancelling my current reason for stay from work to retirement very soon.  My work will take me to immigration with the relevant documents to cancel my current reason for stay on the last day of my existing contract.  I will then have only that afternoon to submit all the relevant documents to change the reason for stay to retirement. 

What happens if it is rejected? How many days will I have to find a solution until I have to leave the country?   

Thank you in advance.

I see no reason for your extension of stay based upon retirement to be rejected if you meet the financial requirements.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai banki for 2 months when your apply or proof of 65k baht of income.

One way to avoid problems is to have your last date of work a few days after the day you go to immigration so that they will post date the cancelation. If everything is OK with your retirement extension they will do it on the day you go to immigration.

If you were unable to do the new extension you could pay 1900 baht for a extension and be granted 7 days to leave the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1