Coming back to Thailand with no visa

Hi,

My friend is coming back to thailand from turkey and he is turkish.

He was staying in thailand for a long time and working here. 

He went back to turkey for family visit. And he decided to get a new non-b visa based on his work. He left thailand on marriage non-o extension but of course it cancelled when he left. For personal reasons he decided to get a non-b for work while visiting his family. 

He applied last friday (6 may) and they told him they will send him an email. On the embassy web site it says 1 working day. He told me there were only 2 people there applying for visa. They didnt tell him you can get this or that day but only we will send you an email for the result.

His flight to bangkok is on friday (13 may) and he will arrive in 14 may afternoon. Suddenly he started to think he will not get the visa till friday. My opinion is he will get but yes i think it will be a close one to his flight date.

So his question is if he cannot get the visa on time, if he goes to the embassy and take back his passport and go to thailand without a visa, can he enter thailand for 28 days without a visa?

His thai pass and everything is ready.

Or any other options? Not sure if he can change the plane ticket its not flexable and it is economy class (turkish airlines) booked by some online agency.

Thanks

Edited by problemfarang

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Turkish citizens receive 30 day visa exempt entry to Thailand.

Thank you, so he doesnt need a visa. Although its only 1 day passed since  he gave his passport to the embassy. I think he is over reacting because he get used to get the visa in 1 day from mukdahan. But again thanks for the info at least he can enter the country without a visa.

Edited by problemfarang

5 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

He will need an onward flight ticket or risk being denied entry to the flight.

Yes, but he is working here already and has work permit too. Social security and all. 

That might help the situation if he also explain what happened. When he arrives he will get the documents from the office and mukdahan again... ????

9 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Yes, but he is working here already and has work permit too. Social security and all. 

That might help the situation if he also explain what happened. When he arrives he will get the documents from the office and mukdahan again... ????

The onward flight is for the airline at departure not Thai immigration on arrival. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The onward flight is for the airline at departure not Thai immigration on arrival. 

I see. So do you think it will be a problem even if he shows his work permit and other things related or showing he is working there? 

13 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

I see. So do you think it will be a problem even if he shows his work permit and other things related or showing he is working there? 

Airline staff wouldn't know what a work permit is.

It's hit and miss with airlines.

Some insist on onward flight.

One option is to book one on the spot if required.

Obviously would need internet for booking and payment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Is Turkey  a visa exempt  national or is it a visa on arrival  nation? Is he farang or Turkish? His nationality will determine  his visa status

Rubbish.

Visa exempt is according to your passport not as per race.

So according to you 

If a farang has Bangladesh PP, will he get visa exempt?

5 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Rubbish.

So according to you 

@Hammer2021 made a mistake. by Nationality he meant his passport not his ethnicity. People in this forum are ready to jump on slight mistakes. 

Edited by Onerak

10 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Rubbish.

So according to you 

Er no - thanks for the clarification  - But calm down and dont be so aggressive. I meant the op could probably get visa exempt if he was one from  one set of countries or visa on arrival if he  was from another  set-off  countries- he talked  about turkey but he referred  to 'farang ' meaning European. Europeans and Turks have different  visa options and availabilities- their nationality  being defines by their  passport.  I have no idea  how you dragged race into it.

28 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Er no - thanks for the clarification  - But calm down and dont be so aggressive. I meant the op could probably get visa exempt if he was one from  one set of countries or visa on arrival if he  was from another  set-off  countries- he talked  about turkey but he referred  to 'farang ' meaning European. Europeans and Turks have different  visa options and availabilities- their nationality  being defines by their  passport.  I have no idea  how you dragged race into it.

Farang doesnt mean european. It is actually from french... obvious reasons. Also its a very high level word. They use this word for all white people. Also farang means allien which is tourist.

And he is turkish national. 

If he is flying Turkish Airlines, without a visa, the airline is strict about possession of an onward flight out of Thailand within 30 days. If you are a good negotiator, and look affluent, the airline supervisor might allow you to travel without an onward flight if you are willing to sign an indemnity form instead.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

If he is flying Turkish Airlines, without a visa, the airline is strict about possession of an onward flight out of Thailand within 30 days. If you are a good negotiator, and look affluent, the airline supervisor might allow you to travel without an onward flight if you are willing to sign an indemnity form instead.

Thanks for the info

19 hours ago, Onerak said:

@Hammer2021 made a mistake. by Nationality he meant his passport not his ethnicity. People in this forum are ready to jump on slight mistakes. 

Exactly- His nationality  not his race. In my country many races are British  nationals. I did not make a mistake. Over sensitive wokes over reacted forgetting that race is not nationality- the OP confused the issue by using the dreadful  term 'farang' to describe himself.

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

by using the dreadful  term 'farang' to describe himself.

You destroy your own argument, and show your own prejudice,  by suggesting that the term  'farang' is a racist or derogatory word when used by the vast majority of Thais; it is not. 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

You destroy your own argument, and show your own prejudice,  by suggesting that the term  'farang' is a racist or derogatory word when used by the vast majority of Thais; it is not. 

I'm not arguing about anything. I was drawing attention  to unfortunate use of the word 'farang'

It's not helpful and I believe has racist connotations. The OP created the race parameters for this debate- I didn't. Nor do I care about people's interpretation of what I wrote which is that  nationality  determines visa status. Which  is true.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nor do I care about people's interpretation of what I wrote

why write it then?  You called the word 'dreadful' , not unfortunate . 

Edited by Doctor Tom