Thai Communities In London

Eamon

Hi all.,

I cant seem to find any posts on thai communities in London, so I thought I would post this one.

Does anyone know where the thai communities are in London, mainly North London.

Thanks.

Dont think there really is a Thai community in London in the same way that there is say Indian, Pakistani, Chinese or even Filipino communities because most of the Thais are females married to English husbands living in the wider community.

There's a large Thai community in London, and one which also has a class hierarchy and where gossip spreads its wings widely :-)

Younger Thais and restaurant-workers go out in Addies and Thai Square, and the main communities are located in Putney, Earls Court and Bayswater (as are the Filipinos).

There's quite a big Thai community in North London - I used to know some of them.

Your best bet to meet up is either to have a chat with the owner or staff at one of the Thai restaurants, or contact the Thai embassy, or check at the Wat at Wimbledon on one of the religious Buddhist days. There is quite an active community, and I once went to a special Thai golf day which was sponsored by, and had the Thai ambassador attend.

Not sure about the class thing - the golf day certainly embraced Thais from all backgrounds and walks of life, and there were plenty of farangs there with their Thai wives. And everyone was getting along just fine.