Is appointment necessary for visa extension?

It's not required, but if you don't make an appointment, then you should plan to arrive early (before they open) to ensure you get into the queue.  It gets really busy(in Bangkok) and they have a limited number of queue cards per day and once they are gone, you will be turned away and will need to come back the next day.

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

It's not required, but if you don't make an appointment, then you should plan to arrive early (before they open) to ensure you get into the queue

Never been the case in CW having to arrive early in order to ensure obtaining queue #

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Never been the case in CW having to arrive early in order to ensure obtaining queue #

I unfortunately had to go to Lak Si twice. I went on Friday, and naively believed I would be fine turning up at 10AM like I always did at MTT.  No dice. Handed out all the queue numbers already. Shocking to me. So I had to return on Monday, and this time I came at 730 to make sure.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

So I had to return on Monday, and this time I came at 730 to make sure.

The OP has provided little detail regarding what type of extension and which immigration office.

He would obtain more accurate info if he did. 

On 5/11/2022 at 11:04 AM, audaciousnomad said:

I unfortunately had to go to Lak Si twice. I went on Friday, and naively believed I would be fine turning up at 10AM like I always did at MTT.  No dice. Handed out all the queue numbers already. Shocking to me. So I had to return on Monday, and this time I came at 730 to make sure.

You should of made an appointment.  It says MTT in the link but it really is for Laksi.

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/bookings/

• Thanks 1

The new appointment booking system works for EVERY immigration office in the country (all 70+ of them) 
The bad thing is though, some offices refuse to acknowledge it (or have their own b/s online queuing system)
AND
Most people who make an appointment but get blow back from the officer when they show up don't have "stones" enough to say they booked an appointment and they expect the office to honor it.

At Chaengwattana it works FLAWLESSLY, you show up 15 minutes early, you get your paperwork vetted in the "document check" cubbyhole, then you to straight to counter 32 and get processed. Was there last week for someone getting a retirement extension, we had a 10AM appointment, we showed up at 9:40, they checked the paperwork and they saw the guy immediately.  He was done waiting for the passport to come back before the 10AM appointment time.

UbonJoe dunno where you see it says Muang Thong Thani as it says IT Square on this choice       

bangkok.jpg

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You wanna click that link again, it brought up IT Square Plaza Laksi when I clicked it
Maybe they fixed it

not for me it doesn't.jpg

laksi.jpg

17 minutes ago, tod-daniels said:

You wanna click that link again, it brought up IT Square Plaza Laksi when I clicked it

Read my original post again.

On 5/11/2022 at 2:46 PM, ubonjoe said:

You should of made an appointment. It says MTT in the link but it really is for Laksi.

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/bookings/

I was trying to prevent confusion if someone looked at the link,