Hua Hin and Prachuap Khiri Khan fast becoming destinations of choice for millennials

webfact

image.jpeg

File photo

By Jonathan Fairfield

Hua Hin, once thought of as a destination for retirees or the over 50s for both Thais and expats, is increasingly attracting younger visitors.

According to data provided to Hua Hin Today in April by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), Prachuap Khiri Khan Office, ‘millennials’ or people in the Gen Y cohort account for just over 40% of all visitors to Hua Hin.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Millennials or Gen Y represents approximately 32 percent of the population in Thailand and is the generation that is typically defined as people born from 1981 to 1996.

They range from young professionals, to new parents, to parents in their thirties with children and have stable incomes, while at the same time many millennials choose to not have children or not until later in life.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/hua-hin-and-prachuap-khiri-khan-fast-becoming-destinations-of-choice-for-millennials/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-05-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Just now, hotchilli said:

Pocahontas look good on horseback, wonder if she can reverse it?????

Your mind is a swirling pool of unfulfillable fantasies I see.

But yes, pulling back gently on the reins will cause a trained horse to walk backwards. Does that help?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Your mind is a swirling pool of unfulfillable fantasies I see.

But yes, pulling back gently on the reins will cause a trained horse to walk backwards. Does that help?

Pulling back on the reins with a gentle squeeze of the legs... ????

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Pulling back on the reins with a gentle squeeze of the legs... ????

Oh my.

But remember what happens in your mind should stay in your mind.

But you got me thinkin'............ .

"At the end of April, tour operators from China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan visited Hua Hin on fact finding missions which sought to promote Hua Hin to tourists in the aforementioned countries.

In the same week, ten agents from Europe and a group made up of tour agents and media from Russia visited Hua Hin for similar visits."

For some reason I don't think the Russian tourist market will be coming to Thailand too much this year.