Non O based on marriage

I entered Thailand on 10th January on Visa exempt.

I went to Chiayaphuum immigration where I have been given 2 COVID based visa extension until June 8th.

Although I had all the necessary paperwork to do the nonO based on marriage I was given a second COVID extension and told to come back on 17th May when I was to submit paperwork for one year non O visa.

My question is what about the 90 day nonO visa as they stated come back for one year visa. Is there a period of time after this is submitted, ' under consideration'

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LoVeFuN said:

and told to come back on 17th May when I was to submit paperwork for one year non O visa.

Think this is misunderstanding.

You can obtain a non O marriage that gives you a 90 day permission of stay and in the last 30 days you can apply for 12 month extension.

Your extension will have an under consideration period.

Edited by DrJack54

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think this is misunderstanding.

You can obtain a non O marriage that gives you a 90 day permission of stay and in the last 30 days you can apply for 12 month extension.

Your extension will have an under consideration period.

Thanks, I will see what happens on the 17th, though she said we will do one year next time. Maybe translation problem.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LoVeFuN said:

Thanks, I will see what happens on the 17th, though she said we will do one year next time. Maybe translation problem.

It is quite common for an 'extension' to be misconstrued as a visa. Even immigration do it sometimes.

• Like 1

I returned to Chiayaphuum immigration today with everything prepared for a one year extension.

First a junior member checked my paperwork and I filled in TM87.

Saying I wanted a 90 day extension based on marriage.

Next to another member of staff behind the main counter. He than told us to take a seat and the most senior member of staff showed me my passport and said comeback 4th of June. Inside my passport is a ' under consideration' sticker. He said just comeback with your passport. So they went straight from Covid extension to a Non O for one year is that correct!

12 minutes ago, LoVeFuN said:

So they went straight from Covid extension to a Non O for one year is that correct!

No

You applied for a non-o visa that will allow a 90 day stay in the country. When your return on June 7th will do the visa stamp and a new entry stamp for 90 days. Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days your can apply for a one year extension of stay.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No

You applied for a non-o visa that will allow a 90 day stay in the country. When your return on June 7th will do the visa stamp and a new entry stamp for 90 days. Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days your can apply for a one year extension of stay.

Thanks Joe, he gave  me a return date of 4th of June which is a Saturday. Should I return on the Friday 3rd or Monday 6th?

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

So the date they want me to return on the ' under consideration' note in my passport is a Saturday the 4th June would the Friday the 3rd be ok. This is important to me as I will be  on holiday in Pattaya and will need to travel up to Chiayaphuum.

15 minutes ago, LoVeFuN said:

So the date they want me to return on the ' under consideration' note in my passport is a Saturday the 4th June would the Friday the 3rd be ok. This is important to me as I will be  on holiday in Pattaya and will need to travel up to Chaiyaphum.

June 3rd is a Thai holiday. You can go to immigration on the  2nd and it may be approved by then.