Tax Identification Number of Thailand

Hello, to  perceive a Life insurance in my coutry, the insurance compagny asks me the TIN of Thailand, and they give this site to have it, but when I look at the different countries, there no "Thailand" 

what does it mean ? is there an other number for Thailand ? 

Tax identification numbers (TINs) - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (oecd.org)

thanks 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Thailand is not in the group of countries that exchange tax information.

Personally I hope that long continues.

Nothing to do with incompetence although the practicalities may cause them some issues. They have said they will implement but have not yet passed the legislation to take it forward. Since it is likely to affect influential Thai's more than foreigners I hope they can keep kicking the can down the road.

Unfortunately it is probably going to come to pass eventually and is more of a question of when......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Thailand is not in the group of countries that exchange tax information

They do exchange information with the US (FATCA).

They will soon exchange information with many OECD countries,  including EU, UK, Australia (CRS). The plan used to be to start the information exchange 2023 (so data of 2022 will be exchanged). I don't know whether they really will start 2023, maybe someone else here knows. 

Edited by Lorry

I recently got a letter from my bank in OZ demanding my TID, I haven't done any payed work for 15yrs, or lived in OZ since, or any income I get is way way below the thresholds of any country,  I tried the recommended site to find it, registered then couldn't sign in. ????. They will report me to Aus Tax Office :cheesy: so What ! 

• Confused 1

"People have varying degrees of success in getting them if they have no employment inThailand, but a good reason to give is that you need to reclaim tax that was taken from interest on a bank savings account - so you then don't need a salary."

I could get a " tax ID number" at local office, but they did not provide any card like that. They just told me that is my number and don't lose it. And I'm not sure how I can use it toward my bank account and avoiding tax deduction. 

1 hour ago, The Theory said:

And I'm not sure how I can use it toward my bank account and avoiding tax deduction. 

Go to your bank. Explain what you want, give them the number and they should (if they understand) change something in their system for savings accounts that means you will no longer see tax taken as currently.

However I don't think you can use it on a fixed savings account - or at least I couldn't with L&H.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:05 PM, Aforek said:

Hello, to  perceive a Life insurance in my coutry, the insurance compagny asks me the TIN of Thailand, and they give this site to have it, but when I look at the different countries, there no "Thailand" 

what does it mean ? is there an other number for Thailand ?

Thailand, as a country, does not have "a Tax Identification Number".   Individual tax payers have TINs.    You need to ask your insurer exactly what they need (and, maybe, why?).   

Or, depending on the specifics of the proposed "life insurance" policy, just give them any random 13-digit number! 

Edited by Liverpool Lou