P.E. teacher shot in her car in the south of Thailand - she gritted her teeth and drove off to seek help

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a female physical education teacher was shot in her car on the Lamphaya to Lammai Road in Muang district of Yala in the far south of Thailand yesterday morning.

After being shot through the window and door of her red plate (new) Suzuki Swift, Saraphan Maileuang had the presence of mind to drive on and seek help from a member of the public by the side of the road. 

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The 29 year old is a teacher at the Yala Provincial Physical Education College. She was on her way to Pattani where she is registered as living. 

Police, military and protection agencies at the scene found evidence of three shots through the left side window and door.

The victim was hit in the arm and legs.

It is not yet known if this was as a result of a personal dispute or is connected to the southern insurgency. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Sad 11

10 hours ago, vandeventer said:

For once, it would be nice if we had all the facts not just half.

The fact she was shot and survived is enough for me, I don't need or am interested in knowing more details.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The fact she was shot and survived is enough for me, I don't need or am interested in knowing more details.

agreed, TIT. pointless to get in too deep. hic sunt dracones.

Edited by Lemsta69