Nursing Homes For The Elderly In The Chiang Mai Area

Van Lingle Mungo

I wondered if anyone where has any experience putting an elderly relative who requires full-time nursing care in a home in the Chiang Mai area.  I’m particularly interested in costs and your opinions about the quality of care.  Let's assume that it's for a patient who has gotten to the point that they can bath themselves nor go to the bathroom alone anymore.

45 minutes ago, kokopelli said:

https://mckean.or.th/

McKean Senior Center;  McKean Institute for the Elderly.

Located in the Chiang Mai area.

A friend lived there for a number of years and found it excellent. I recall the costs were reasonable. They have it all, Assisted living, Senior care, Hospital and a Crematorium.

Worth checking out.

Your information may not be 100% correct but they have a palliative section, rehab and elderly care but that section was (is) mostly for ex patient who had no relatives to go back to and stayed in at Mckean after treatment. To my knowledge they have no crematorium at the centre but a couple within 1 km as well as a cemetery. A really nice place to rehab or preparing your last trip. Due to Covid you better make an appointment now to enter the area.

45 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Your information may not be 100% correct but they have a palliative section, rehab and elderly care but that section was (is) mostly for ex patient who had no relatives to go back to and stayed in at Mckean after treatment. To my knowledge they have no crematorium at the centre but a couple within 1 km as well as a cemetery. A really nice place to rehab or preparing your last trip. Due to Covid you better make an appointment now to enter the area.

A crematorium would be the last thing I wanted!

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There was an article  about Chang mai care homes in the UK press recently

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10404681/Would-send-loved-one-live-care-home-6-000-miles-away-Thailand.html

It's a very good idea and not so expensive

The link to that care home is here....  https://www.careresortchiangmai.com/

That looks okay, where do I sign up? ????????

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A crematorium would be the last thing I wanted!

A crematorium is the last thing for all of us. Rereading their website it says they provide cremation services. My friend who lived there told me about the cremation service however he has died and has been cremated so can't call him to confirm the details.

• Haha 1