Best 6 month visa option. Im 56 years old

I can put 400k into bank though dont want to,    what is best visa option to stay in thailand 6 months steady per year, every year. 

Plan to work uk summers then go live in isaan in uk winters.  As i said im in my mid 50s,  easiest cheapest ootion pls

Thanks

Assuming you can get a Non-O based on marriage because you want to stay in Issan. If so, a Non-O from UK and another Non-O from a nere by country. 

I used to live six months in Thailand before covid on an O-A based on retirement. 

Edited by Onerak

I do similar to you 7.5 months in Thailand and 4.5 months in the UK. I am lucky not to have to work in the UK, just see my family and friends. I too do not put any money in a Thai bank nor do I have any intention of doing so. I am based in the Jomtien immigration area and simply use an agent to get my genuine official extension of stay based on Retirement, based on my original O visa. Cost 12,900. The best option by a mile.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Another smug abuser of the retirement system causing us legitimate retirees to have to deposit 800k for most of the year to get an extension instead of being able to spend our deposit.

It used to be 800k in the bank was to show you had 65k per month to spend on living expenses for the next 12 months and you could spend it, now it's pay an agent to fake you have enough to live on

They like people like you who put the money in, because they follow the rules. They like people who use an agent, because they pay for the privilege not to follow the rules. What they don't like are people who borrow the money from a friend, and that's about the only thing that the seasoning rules stopped. Coincidence?

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have the option to obtain annual extensions retirement using money in bank method or income method OR use of agent.

People make their own choice.

Strangely some folk can't accept that even when it has zero to do with them.

It hasn't got zero to do with me, I have to maintain funds instead of spending it.

Because when you needed 800k to show you could spend 65k per month, people would cheat and use an agent to lend them the funds for a day

So they changed the rules to have to maintain the funds year round. Only ever affected the legitimate bank account holders, the pretend funds through agents still survived which is what they were trying to eliminate

Makes me think they only ever changed the rules to promote more agent use with the IO payouts

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

100% correct. Us legal retirees suffer because of the corrupt crooks.

If the 'use an agent' route  was all legal like some like to say then there would be a sign on the wall at immigration to say:

One year extension money in the bank       -- 1900 baht

One year exension NO money on the bank -- 15,000 baht

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jimn said:

I do similar to you 7.5 months in Thailand and 4.5 months in the UK. I am lucky not to have to work in the UK, just see my family and friends. I too do not put any money in a Thai bank nor do I have any intention of doing so. I am based in the Jomtien immigration area and simply use an agent to get my genuine official extension of stay based on Retirement, based on my original O visa. Cost 12,900. The best option by a mile.

OMG, this is the cheapest agent assisted retirement visa I have come to know. I spent 15K before. Can you please send me a PM about the agent. Planning to get one again when I resume my 6-month stay in Thailand. Thank you very much. 

12 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Another smug abuser of the retirement system causing us legitimate retirees to have to deposit 800k for most of the year to get an extension instead of being able to spend our deposit.

It used to be 800k in the bank was to show you had 65k per month to spend on living expenses for the next 12 months and you could spend it, now it's pay an agent to fake you have enough to live on

Nobody is preventing you from doing the same. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Did you ever stop and think that maybe the Immigration wants us to use an agent. Us putting 800K in a bank makes them squat, but using an agent is a money maker for everyone.

Using an agent benefits all. It benefits the agent and their employees. It benefits the IOs so that they could send their children to fancy schools, buy fancy cars and keep mia nois, etc. Just because these people were not born in a Western country, why they will be deprived of all the pleasures only Westerners could enjoy with their ddddoooollllllaaarrs and Eurrrrrrooooossss and Pooooouuuuunnnnndssss? 

Edited by Onerak
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

You couldnt be further from the truth pal. Why should I put 800k in a Thai bank if I dont want too and dont need to. I am not abusing the system, I am using the system which is accepted by Thai immigration everywhere and I have an extension that is as good as one that you have. Its not FAKE, its genuine.

I could write pages on why I do it like this but I will let you wallow on trying to get by on the 65k a month you mentioned. I will just spend my time and money when and where I choose, which contrary to your assumption I have the money to live 2 lives both in and outside Thailand in both my properties which are bought and paid for unlike you in your rented room or flea pit where ever that may be.

• Like 1