Four secondary teens charged with assault on primary children - further case under investigation

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: INN

INN reported on a case of bullying or hazing in Phuket where 15 year olds were caught on tape assaulting children in P5 - the second to last year of Thai primary school.

Wichit police chief Pol Col Pratheuang Phonmana said that he had taken a personal role in the investigation and that four 15 year olds have been charged with assault causing serious harm.

Now a further case of a 13 year old being attacked by elder female pupils is under investigation.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Parents have brought all those facing charges in to face the music. 

Investigations continue into the events of Sunday at a house. 

Back to school - or university - hazing rituals have been criticized for years in Thailand, notes ASEAN NOW. 

Many Thai schools finally return to class this week. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1

Just make it illegal, and make it come with a fine of minimum 10 000 baht for the parents to pay. That will probably make 99% of the parents reassure their children stay in the right lane.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Just make it illegal, and make it come with a fine of minimum 10 000 baht for the parents to pay. That will probably make 99% of the parents reassure their children stay in the right lane.

Or 99% of parents broke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought the lead story was bad enough, then I read the full story. I sincerely hope that in the full story it has got lost in translation, ''filed a charge of 4 seniors, 15 years old Gang-Raping  and assaulting grade 5 students found that one more victim appeared to report a crime while being examined for a criminal record. ''  !!! jeez please tell me this didn't happen. 

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Or 99% of parents broke.

Don´t think so. It is actually possible to make Thai children/teenagers listen and understand. Just take some work and a good connection trough the years.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 4:27 PM, brianthainess said:

I thought the lead story was bad enough, then I read the full story. I sincerely hope that in the full story it has got lost in translation, ''filed a charge of 4 seniors, 15 years old Gang-Raping  and assaulting grade 5 students found that one more victim appeared to report a crime while being examined for a criminal record. ''  !!! jeez please tell me this didn't happen. 

I am assuming that the translation you are referring to  is coming from a simple Google translation of the page in Chrome. As is common, that translation is not quite correct. The word 'gang' is indeed used in the title, and somehow this is confusing Chrome into thinking the translation is 'gang rape'. But if you break the title down, there is no reference to any incidence of 'gang rape'. It is physical assault as in fighting.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, timendres said:

I am assuming that the translation you are referring to  is coming from a simple Google translation of the page in Chrome. As is common, that translation is not quite correct. The word 'gang' is indeed used in the title, and somehow this is confusing Chrome into thinking the translation is 'gang rape'. But if you break the title down, there is no reference to any incidence of 'gang rape'. It is physical assault as in fighting.

Yes it was a simple Google translation. Phew thank god for that at least. I can't read Thai.