Industrial Authority to Establish Vertical Industrial Areas

webfact

image.jpeg

by Paul Rujopakarn

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand (IEAT) has been tasked with establishing “vertical industrial areas” to support modern investments and startups.

Industry Minister Suriya Juangroongruangkit instructed IEAT Governor Veeris Ammarapala to harness innovative aspirations and creative approaches to promote development while providing customer services in industrial estates. The move is expected to pave the way for the development of vertical industrial areas, which will provide another option for new entrepreneurs.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

These industrial zones cater to businesses that prioritize convenience in transportation, require less land area and mainly leverage advanced technology. These include new S-Curve industries such as robotics, aviation, logistics, biofuels, biochemicals, digital development and medical services.

The minister added that IEAT should prepare to produce relevant personnel while encouraging the use and development of innovations as a part of its organizational strategy. These can then be developed into consumer products further down the line.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-05-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

I can see it now a 4 story car assembly plant. Starting with the body build up top then the frame and engine using the next floor with installing final components on the bottom floor before being driven away to the shipping lot outside.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I can see it now a 4 story car assembly plant. Starting with the body build up top then the frame and engine using the next floor with installing final components on the bottom floor before being driven away to the shipping lot outside.....

I actually would suggest another model: It's a 12-storey building where assembly starts on the ground floor and then - manufacturing step by manufacturing step - moves upwards until the finished vehicles roll off the assembly line on the top floor. And then they realize that they have no idea how to get the cars down from there. 

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tesla's new factory in Texas is 4 stories, roughly 1 million m2, and can build over 500,000 cars per year in its first phase.  They build battery cells on the uppermost floor, drop them down for the battery modules, drop them down another floor to integrate the seats onto the module, and drop them down another floor to integrate them into the car chassis.  While I am no automobile manufaturing expert, one that I follow is extremely impressed with the design, logistics, and efficiency of the arrangement.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

I actually would suggest another model: It's a 12-storey building where assembly starts on the ground floor and then - manufacturing step by manufacturing step - moves upwards until the finished vehicles roll off the assembly line on the top floor. And then they realize that they have no idea how to get the cars down from there. 

Easy solution...flying cars.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tesla's actually doing it, not just talking about it like Thailand.

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Lot of new words in the report , I hope they know what

it all means...

regards Worgeordie

As usual, its all a load of " Power Speech " they have heard spoken by some Developers in other Countries, and are trying to apply it to the Thai way of doing Business, basically to sound as if the are " Power Brokers " themselves.

All very posh wording for building a high rise or Two to accommodate some Industry.

• Haha 1