Ikea PAX

recom273

Has anyone experience in fitting a PAX wardrobe system or dropping into IKEA sometime soon?

I want to fit an open fronted wardrobe in a walk in closet, I know its IKEA chipboard cr.. but its cheap enough and I like the internal accessories.

However, I need to get the measurements correct, looking at the planner, it looks like the corner units slide to allow for fine tuning, I appreciate this wouldn't work if doors were fitted but I don't need the doors.

Can anyone tell me if there is some kind of basic sliding feature as it looks like in the screenshots of the planner? I want to finish my building plans, I would like something pretty close to flush a couple of cm without going down the built in route.

Cheers

IMG_1472.thumb.jpeg.778c72690ad5927159eec2174d2d6cf5.jpegIMG_1471.thumb.jpeg.2963448ea4eb7ee2d252f05e33fe8c69.jpeg

IMG_1473 (1).jpeg

Edited by recom273

The PAX are very good, i have them in UK and here in Thailand, I can't recall how the corner system works, maybe worth you visiting IKEA, i visited just to confirm a few things. You can get things exchanged if wrong size or doesn't fit, they will pick up

41 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

PAX has 10 years warranty...

My PAX in UK has lasted 15 years already and still looks new, depends how heavy handed people are, although IKEA quality in Thailand doesn't seem as good, not sure if it's the weather or that it's made in China or Thailand

Edited by scubascuba3

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

My PAX in UK has lasted 15 years already and still looks new, depends how heavy handed people are, although IKEA quality in Thailand doesn't seem as good, not sure if it's the weather or that it's made in China or Thailand

I have limited experience with them but currently I look at furniture to buy. It seems IKEA has a very wide range of quality. Some items have maybe 1 year warranty, others 5 or 10 years and i.e. some kitchen furniture series have even 20 years warranty. I have no idea what would happen if someone complains about a problem in a 19 year old kitchen. But in principle it seems interesting what they seem to offer. 

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have limited experience with them but currently I look at furniture to buy. It seems IKEA has a very wide range of quality. Some items have maybe 1 year warranty, others 5 or 10 years and i.e. some kitchen furniture series have even 20 years warranty. I have no idea what would happen if someone complains about a problem in a 19 year old kitchen. But in principle it seems interesting what they seem to offer. 

IKEA also recently started buying back old IKEA furniture to recycle. I was disappointed with their mattresses, which were very good in UK but the same model in Thailand lasted 11 months, the good news is they have a 365 day exchange policy, I've bought 1 exchanged for another after 11 months and again 11 months later, meant to last up to 10 years

• Like 1

I believe it's the climate that makes things deteriorate much faster here than in Europe. Heat and humidity. Don't think IKEA sells anything here that's not sent everywhere else. Most made in China today. 

So better think where we place the furniture, chipboard are OK in many places but not all. I had a cupboard door in the washing room loose part of it's surface coating due to Wife  splashing water around a bit too much. That probably wouldn't be a problem in a dry climate as it dries up fast but here it did cause a problem.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You can find lots of details on their website i.e. here:

https://www.ikea.com/th/en/p/pax-wardrobe-frame-white-10355118/

PAX.png.066a561abec3f67e7c24ca9bfb8dd953.png

Yeah, but it does lot have info, but only measurements. I’m asking about if the corner units have the ability to slide / adjust a few cms.to fit the room. 

You can see the units aren’t true L shaped. 

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The PAX are very good, i have them in UK and here in Thailand, I can't recall how the corner system works, maybe worth you visiting IKEA, i visited just to confirm a few things. You can get things exchanged if wrong size or doesn't fit, they will pick up

That’s what I was hoping to avoid - Really, this was my last hope before getting myself down there. 

I was really hoping they were going to announce a store in Korat, but not.

38 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yeah, but it does lot have info, but only measurements. I’m asking about if the corner units have the ability to slide / adjust a few cms.to fit the room. 

You can see the units aren’t true L shaped. 

Above is a picture from just a sample PAX unit. I didn't look up the corner unit.

What I did with another IKEA item before I bought it: I downloaded the construction instructions. That contains all the details and you should be able to see what you can adjust.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've bought 1 exchanged for another after 11 months and again 11 months later, meant to last up to 10 years

Wearing them out in less than a year - fair play. Need to up my game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Above is a picture from just a sample PAX unit. I didn't look up the corner unit.

What I did with another IKEA item before I bought it: I downloaded the construction instructions. That contains all the details and you should be able to see what you can adjust.

Cheers man, as with most IKEA destructions, it's as clear as mud, but that great info. I downloaded them and took a look. I think im 75% sure that if the plasterer gets a bit heavy handed I could adjust 1-5cm to make them fit. I think that will save me a trip to BKK and I can push ahead the architect to complete the job. 

• Like 1