What steps are required to get a new US passport by mail from start to finish?

US passport

I have the same question. Has anyone done this very recently? I clicked through all the questions and then allowed to begin the process.

Can I save the application anywhere in the process? I won't send my passport in until early July. I doubt but - must it be printed and sent along with my passport? Is there any documentation that need be printed?

What is the process to send money? Bank, post office?

What is the method required to send the passport?

Any additional comments appreciated.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, BonMot said:

US passport

I have the same question. Has anyone done this very recently? I clicked through all the questions and then allowed to begin the process.

Can I save the application anywhere in the process? I won't send my passport in until early July. I doubt but - must it be printed and sent along with my passport? Is there any documentation that need be printed?

What is the process to send money? Bank, post office?

What is the method required to send the passport?

Any additional comments appreciated.

Thank you

About the payment, see here:

Step 6:  Pay the $130 passport application fee via the U.S. government’s secure payment site. When click Continue to the Form; please select Thailand at Country field. After successfully paying the fee, you must print out the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email and include it in the package you send to the U.S. Embassy Bangkok.

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/instructions-for-ds-82-processing-by-mail-and-online-fee-payment-for-u-s-citizens-residing-in-thailand/

Here's the payment instructions:

https://www.pay.gov/public/form/start/790155895

• Like 2