Bangkok Patana 2022/23 School Fees

used to know one UK guy who had 2 kids there ????

basically he would work his ass off to pay for school here, when it's free in his own country

I mean, what's the point

I think he left eventually ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

when the school headmaster is driving a Porsche Cayenne and change it every 2 years, you know something is not adding up ????

Is it still the Kiwi? great school if you can afford it

I think a fair number of the expat students have fees paid by the company employing the parent(s).   I used to work for a US Embassy program and the school fees were paid by the government.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 9:00 PM, GrandPapillon said:

when the school headmaster is driving a Porsche Cayenne and change it every 2 years, you know something is not adding up ????

If you know what his salary is you could drive one too and change it. Not my type of car though.????

• 2 weeks later...

Great school. My Thai wife and I sent all our four children there. Good stuff.

And, yes, it's expensive, but I got plenty of cash anyway and I wanna give my kids a great education.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 6/12/2022 at 3:49 PM, MarcelV said:

Great school. My Thai wife and I sent all our four children there. Good stuff.

And, yes, it's expensive, but I got plenty of cash anyway and I wanna give my kids a great education.

I belive they give a small discount for 3 or more siblings.

At least Patana, like NIST and ISB, is theoretically non profit but that doesn't stop them generating substantial surpluses and I don't think they offer any scholarships or any form of assistance for needy kids.  It's sink or swim.  The top for profit international schools owned by Thai Chinese families like Shrewsbury, Harrow, Brighton, Wellington, King's School are more expensive than Patana but they have lower ratios of foreign students than Patana, NIST and ISB that maintain quotas for Thai kids and get embassy and corporate expat kids.  Most students at the for profit international schools are Thai Chinese.  

4 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Most students at the for profit international schools are Thai Chinese.  

Don't I know it. While not intl school level, I couldn't take more than a year of teaching at a certain snooty BKK private school. Definitely for profit, as after the attitudes, fancy facilities, and cars admins drove, I couldn't see what room was left for education. They all pass with high marks anyway. After this I couldn't have been happier to see my humble Issan country bumpkin students again. Much the same education, but without the pretentions.

I won't be staying in Thailand to put any kids through intl school. Wife and I are only 45, no fat pensions are coming, I'm a teacher and she's been in hospitality. We gotta go back to the States. Looking to take advantage of the dire teaching shortage there that's been raising salaries and benefits, and she's got her pick of service roles to fill. After 20 or so years of that we'll then be ready for a modest retirement.

No kids yet, through we're considering adopting a lovely and diligent family member. Issan govt school grad, just started a low end university, and has been working on her English. As her future would likely involve joining my wife in the US service industry, then possibly a small business we'll start later, this should be enough education.