Non-immigrant O (staying with family) on thaievisa.go.th - insurance question

Hi

I'm currently applying for a single entry Non-Imm O visa on thaievisa.go.th

Purpose of visit: Visiting or staying with applicant's family resided in Thailand (more than 60 days)

One of the questions is:

10 . Health Insurance Policy covering treatment and medical expenses related to COVID-19 with a minimum coverage of USD 100,000

I'm a bit confused by this as I thought that the insurance was a requirement for the Thailand Pass (at a lower coverage amount), and not for the Non-Imm O. Do I actually need to upload something here?

Many thanks

10 hours ago, billsmart said:

I have a Non-Immigrant O visa, and I don't have to have insurance. I switched from an O-A to this O about three years ago to avoid having to have health insurance. 

The problem arises if you leave the country and want to return. Over 80 and no chance of getting insurance that is required for re entering the country. Or have I got it wrong?

11 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Over 80 and no chance of getting insurance that is required for re entering the country. Or have I got it wrong?

Yes you are wrong. It is possible to get covid 19 insurance up to then age of 99.

One for you is this one that offers it up to the age of 85. https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/detail-ta-fwdgi.html

This one is 99. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 7:42 PM, Gandtee said:

The problem arises if you leave the country and want to return. Over 80 and no chance of getting insurance that is required for re entering the country. Or have I got it wrong?

I don't know about leaving the country, but I do know that most insurance companies won't insure you after you're 76. I'm now 76, and that is why I got the insurance (THB400K + 40K) required by Immigrations a month before before I turned 76. I don't need it now, but I think Immigrations might start requiring this type of insurance for ALL long-stay visas. That's just a suspicion right now. 

I got mine from TMB Insurance, and made the deductibles so high that I probably could never use it, but it does meet the Immigrations current requirements, and I can renew it until I'm 100. It cost me less than THB20K per year, but the premium will go up every year, I think.

If you're 80, you could look around, but I found 76 was the "no-go" age. Check with TMB, they might be able to do something for you.

Good luck! 

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

I don't need it now, but I think Immigrations might start requiring this type of insurance for ALL long-stay visas. That's just a suspicion right now

A suspicion held by you. 

• Like 1