Work Permit to Marriage for Visa Extension

I am leaving my employer and looking to transfer to mariage as the support reason for extension visa, I have a few unique issues and looking to understand what options I have available:

1. I am on a BOI visa (not sure if this affects anything)
2. I have no empty pages in passport (some area on the last page but no full pages)
  - new passport is on the way but will likley arrive later than my finish / work permit cancellation date.
3. I can have 400k in my bank account but this will not be 2 months before I need to cancel my current work permit

I understand my current options may be:

If my new passport has not arrived in time:

1. Get a 7 day extension on day I cancel my work permit - is this possible with no passport pages?

-then leave and return on marriage single entry visa in new passport

2. Get a 60 day extension based on mariage extension - does this exist and is this possible with no passport pages?

- then proceed with marriage extension in new passport

If my new passport has arrived in time:
         1. Get a 60 day extension based on mariage extension - what are the requirements for this?

2. Move my visa extension to be based on marriage - how do I handle the 400k bank requirement though, is this something an agent can resolve?

@ubonjoe if you are around any advice would be highly appreciated

Cheers

If you have a about half a page in you current passport you could apply for 60 day extension to visit you wife.

Your extension of stay (it is not visa) based upon working will also require room for a stamp.

Immigration will normally try find room for stamps if your passport is full.

To apply for the 60 day extension your current extension will have to be canceled before you can apply for it. If you applied for your current extension at the one stop center you will have to apply for the 60 day at a normal immigration office after it is canceled.

You wife will have to be with you to apply for the 60 day extension. You will need a copy of your passport photo page, visa, cancelled extension page and the cancelation of it. You will need a copies of your marriage certificate, wife ID card and house book registry.

Thanks @ubonjoe

I have a couple of half pahes remaining so that should work.

If I get the extension for visitng my wife, can I then get that extended into a 1 year multiple entry based on marriage (assuming meeting all the conditions)

Also if my new passport arrives in time is it possible to use an agent to avoid the 400k bank requirement if I were to move directly to extension of stay being based on marriage?

Cheers

4 minutes ago, redinvestor said:

Thanks @ubonjoe

I have a couple of half pahes remaining so that should work.

If I get the extension for visitng my wife, can I then get that extended into a 1 year multiple entry based on marriage (assuming meeting all the conditions)

Also if my new passport arrives in time is it possible to use an agent to avoid the 400k bank requirement if I were to move directly to extension of stay being based on marriage?

Cheers

You cannot obtain a multi entry non O marriage in Thailand.

You would need to obtain somewhere like Savannakhet.

You can obtain a non O marriage in Thailand and that gives you a 90 day stamp and then obtain a 12 month extension. 

That requires 400k in bank. 

Using an agent to avoid the financials is not simple for marriage. In fact some agents would not do it.

You must be under 50 as any agent would suggest non O retirement to avoid financial requirements. 

12 minutes ago, redinvestor said:

You can apply for a one year extension based upon marriage.  You will need a multiple re-entry permit for if you want travel a lot.

15 minutes ago, redinvestor said:

You could do that if you want to.

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can obtain a non O marriage in Thailand and that gives you a 90 day stamp and then obtain a 12 month extension. 

He does not need to do that. He already has a non-b visa that he can extend his entry from it.

@ubonjoe

I have a further question around timing, my company is advising I need to cancel my work permit and visa and then they will put me what I assume is a 7 day extension to give time to leave the country?

For the 60 day extension do I follow the above process and apply during this 7 days?

For changing to be based on marriage (assuming using agent for the 400k requirement) would this be done during the 7 days too or should it be done prior to work permit cancellation?

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, redinvestor said:

I have a further question around timing, my company is advising I need to cancel my work permit and visa and then they will put me what I assume is a 7 day extension to give time to leave the country?

None of that is needed to change the reason for your extension from working to marriage.

Your work permit will remain valid unit it expires.

19 minutes ago, redinvestor said:

For the 60 day extension do I follow the above process and apply during this 7 days?

For changing to be based on marriage (assuming using agent for the 400k requirement) would this be done during the 7 days too or should it be done prior to work permit cancellation?

The 7 days is to leave the country after a extension is denied and the 1900 baht is pad for it.

You can continue working at the same company and work permit with the 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Thanks @ubonjoe

So basically prior to the date my work permit will be cancelled I would go and have my extension changed to either:

- 60 day extension to visit wife

- 1 year marriage extension using agent

Then my company would organise for my work permit only to be cancelled and my extenison of stay would remain valid based on the above

19 minutes ago, redinvestor said:

So basically prior to the date my work permit will be cancelled I would go and have my extension changed to either:

- 60 day extension to visit wife

- 1 year marriage extension using agent

You work permit is not really relevant for changing the reason for your extension. It could be canceled the same day you do the change. The important thing is to have a letter from your employer stating the last day you would be working.

If you current extension was done at the one stop center for BOI companies your extension would have to be canceled there and then you would go to the local immigration office to apply for a new extension. You can get more time it you went to immigration before your last day of work to cancel the extension immigration would post date the cancel to give you time to apply for the new extension.

35 minutes ago, redinvestor said:

Ok @ubonjoe

My extension was done at BOI, I believe my company said they can Post Date it by 2-3 weeks

So I would do that and then proceed to apply for the 60 day extension at immigration directly correct?

If immigration post date the extension cancelation you will need to apply the 60 day extension on or before that day.