International Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate

Hi guys,

I have my Thailand Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate (both the hardcopy and a copy within Mor Prom on my phone).

I am looking to obtain the International Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate (I will say ICVC) for travel.

I can see there is an option within Mor Prom to Request an ICVC.

Some questions I had -

·       Mor Prom asks to confirm some personal data, vaccine information, attach a passport copy and enter travel dates. Is there any requirement to attach confirmed flight details from airline?   

·       Mor prom asks for the Delivery preference – Self Pickup, Delivery (greyed out) or QR Code for e-Vaccine passport). The self pickup has a couple of infectious diseases locations probably in Bangkok, which I wont visit.

·       So the only delivery option is QR Code for e-Vaccine passport, which is fine.

·       The 30 or 50 baht payment appears free at least until June 30, 2022. I don’t know how you would physically pay this if this changes in the future?

·       So once you receive the QR Code for e-Vaccine passport, what do you do with it and how do you use it at Thai and International airports?

o   Do you just keep it on ur phone? Can you store it on your phone outside the Mor Prom App or do you have to store it within Mor Prom?

o   Does this then rely on using the Mor Prom App at international airports? Does it work internationally?

o   What if the Mor Prom App does not work or there is no wifi connection at the airport to open the App?

o   Can u print a hardcopy of this QR Code for e-Vaccine passport, and use that at airports?

o   Mor Prom says it can take at least 3 days to get certificate. Is that true? Is there way to expedite if a funeral?

·       Is the ICVC only valid for 3 months from date of issue? And you would need to reapply with new confirmed flight details after that? Or can you just use this QR Code for e-Vaccine passport indefinitely?

Thanks very much for any clarifications.  Very much appreciated.

I have a international digital vaccination certificate. I just got my 2nd one after getting a booster shot.

If you scan the QR code it will open a webpage that you can then print out a image of it from.

They may extend the free digital certificate. I think they may eventually start charging to the one you can pickup.

In addition to through Mor Prom you can get this at your local Public Health office.

You do NOT need this for travel in most cases, your regular vaccine certificate is fine as long as it has your name in English.

As to how you use it - whether your original vaccine certificate or the so called "ICVC" -- you simply show it where required. Which is not that many places these days.

If you get it by email, it comes as a download-able file.  You do nto get a separate QR code, you get a certificate that includes a QR. You just print it out. If you get it in person, it is given to you in hard copy.

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If you get it by email, it comes as a download-able file. 

I forgot the email for the international certificate. It has a PDF file attached you can download and print.

The other Thai certificate is the one a I did a screen shot of.

Thanks a lot for that!

So, I can apply now for the International Certificate thru Mor Prom even though I don’t have a confirmed flight. Just make up a planned travel date say next month? No need to attach flight tickets?

Then once I receive the International Certificate via email, just print it out and have it ready for when I travel in the future? It won’t expire?

34 minutes ago, JohnJJ said:

So, I can apply now for the International Certificate thru Mor Prom even though I don’t have a confirmed flight. Just make up a planned travel date say next month? No need to attach flight tickets?

No need to show flight tickets.

34 minutes ago, JohnJJ said:

Then once I receive the International Certificate via email, just print it out and have it ready for when I travel in the future? It won’t expire?

Just print it out. It has QR code on if somebody wants to verify it is real.

I does not have a expiration date on it. If you get a booster shot you will have to update it to show the 3rd shot.

I just successively made the application for the International Certificate in Mor Prom. Now I can track the approval status of the request within Mor Prom as well.

Thanks alot for the info. Much appreciated.

I was looking into this then I found the Mor-Prom app had the European DCC Q-Code which I just successfully used to pre-approve my visit to SIngapore.

Lots of countries have adopted the European system including Thailand, worth looking at you app.

image.thumb.png.48e02a29d3f0d5b3614f4c43d974c634.png