Resumption of Hua Hin – Kuala Lumpur flights postponed

webfact

image.jpeg

An AirAsia plane at Hua Hin Airport. File photo

By Online Reporter

The resumption of flights connecting Hua Hin and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia has been postponed.

Flights between the two destinations were due to resume on June 1, having previously been suspended due to the pandemic.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

However, Hua Hin Today understands the flights will not be operating before July, with AirAsia now only taking bookings for flights from July 31.

Customers who had booked tickets for the flights in June have already received confirmation that flights have been canceled.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/resumption-of-hua-hin-kuala-lumpur-flights-postponed/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-05-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

My guess is this has nothing to do with Air Asia, and everything to do with the Thai authorities. Air Asia has been interested in using Hua Hin as a regional hub, for years now, and all they have ever gotten is neanderthal style foot dragging from the officials here. Hua Hin Airport is one of the least utilized airports in Thailand, possibly even in the world. Shame on these guys. They can do so much better. Thailand desperately needs more regional airports, especially within a few hours of Bangkok. Anything to ease congestion, and save souls from the nightmare of getting in and out of Bangkok has to be a good thing for the nation and it's people. Shame. Shame. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

My guess is this has nothing to do with Air Asia, and everything to do with the Thai authorities (...)

Well, AirAsia doesn't offer too many international flights at the moment, heaven knows why. I've been trying to book a flight for September, but my destination is only served by AirAsia until the 6th of June. I enquired via email and FB about flights after that, but didn't get any reply. And their stupid bot Ava can't answer such a question, of course.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

It is rainy season in Asia, not just Thailand.

The timing was wrong. I guess someone finally 

had a thought about this fact, and the term Low Season

means less tourists. I will keep an eye out for the service to open

at the start of High Season, when tourists are in these 2 countries.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Well, AirAsia doesn't offer too many international flights at the moment, heaven knows why. I've been trying to book a flight for September, but my destination is only served by AirAsia until the 6th of June. I enquired via email and FB about flights after that, but didn't get any reply. And their stupid bot Ava can't answer such a question, of course.

Many corporations have used covid as a cover, to cut down, and nearly eliminate customer care, and customer service. It is an atrocious example of the pandemic bringing out the worst of the corporate nature. All this while many are showing record profits, although this is likely not the case with regional airlines. Bots by their nature are incredibly stupid and ineffective. Very bad technology, in the infant stages of growth, obviously.  

• Like 1