Jump to content

flights to bkk from cnx


1FinickyOne
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there one airline that is better or has a biz class seat? And for how much?

 

And for a two or few week trip is it practical to leave my car in the parking lot? And how much per day? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For a few weeks you should definitely take a taxi to the airport, parking at airports is relatively expensive, even though I'm not sure now what Chiang Mai airport charges per day, but for example Don Meuang charges 250THB per day.

No airline offering business class seats, the seats are all the same. Depending on the airline, the front row seats might offer a little bit more leg space, or maybe they leave the middle seat empty, so you don't sit directly next to each other, does of course cost extra. Emergency exit row seats do of course also offer more leg space and you can book them by paying a bit extra. Some flights go to BKK, others to DMK.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, setbkk said:

Business class for one hour flight? Waste of money even if it was available.

I am asking how much more - it might be very worthwhile for me... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, 1FinickyOne said:

I am asking how much more - it might be very worthwhile for me... 

Everything is on  the websites of the airlines.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NancyL said:

You're being very unhelpful.  I've looked into this myself, wasted an hour, and the answer is No, no one has business class seating to-from either Bangkok airport to Chiang Mai.  There are several charter services available that can provide good service.  It's just a matter of what you're willing to spend.  I researched this a couple years ago when I needed to bring a cat to Bangkok for cancer treatment and made inquiries of private charter services.  In the end, it was cheaper to hire a van with two vets -- a husband/wife -- one to drive and the other to keep the cat appropriately comfortable.  Anyway, I'm still on the email list of some of the charter services if the OP would like to email me.  Hope he isn't travelling with a cat. 

 

 

I do think that I was being very helpful . he spent one day asking this forum and waiting for an answer and all he had to do was spend ten minutes looking up the flights available to see whether there are any business class tickets .

   Yes, YOU have wasted an hour, shouldnt HE be doing the leg work himself ?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

No, there are no business class seats on the flights bkk-cnx*. Some airlines offer for a small surcharge seats with extra leg room, e.g. Smile usually has rows 12-14 where you can sit comfortably for one hour even if you are tall, say 1.95m. They can be booked at the moment of seat selection. However, they are at the emergency exit so there are some restrictions about who can sit there (for example not if you are over 65 or with some physical limitations to operate the exit). Also, the seats cannot be reclined.

 

However, if you are travelling for a longish period and you don't mind spending some extra time, it's worth considering a train journey. I believe they have single compartments which should be "luxurious". No idea about price but that should be easy to find out. If you do that overnight you also save one hotel.

 

*Thai (TG) used to have them but at the moment all their flights are operated by Smile (WE).

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I’m flying from the U.S. with 2 checked and 1 carryon suitcase and a backpack, at full, allowed weight limits. I needed to buy a ticket from Bkk to CNX that wouldn’t charge me an arm and a leg for the 2 checked bags at 23 kilos apiece. I wouldn’t touch Thai air Asia or Viet jet.  I went with Thai smiles because they give you 20 kilos free   The 26 kilos that I’ll have to pay for is 50 baht per kilo, coming to 1,300 baht, which is reasonable.  Otherwise, I’d be taking the train, or at least having the bags shipped by train while I fly. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Dean1953 said:

I’m flying from the U.S. with 2 checked and 1 carryon suitcase and a backpack, at full, allowed weight limits. I needed to buy a ticket from Bkk to CNX that wouldn’t charge me an arm and a leg for the 2 checked bags at 23 kilos apiece. I wouldn’t touch Thai air Asia or Viet jet.  I went with Thai smiles because they give you 20 kilos free   The 26 kilos that I’ll have to pay for is 50 baht per kilo, coming to 1,300 baht, which is reasonable.  Otherwise, I’d be taking the train, or at least having the bags shipped by train while I fly. 

There is a post office at BKK, you could ship your bags with them, cheaper than on the plane and you don't have to carry them around.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

There is a post office at BKK, you could ship your bags with them, cheaper than on the plane and you don't have to carry them around.

Are they open on Saturday?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2022 at 1:00 PM, FriendlyFarang said:

For a few weeks you should definitely take a taxi to the airport, parking at airports is relatively expensive, even though I'm not sure now what Chiang Mai airport charges per day, but for example Don Meuang charges 250THB per day.

No airline offering business class seats, the seats are all the same. Depending on the airline, the front row seats might offer a little bit more leg space, or maybe they leave the middle seat empty, so you don't sit directly next to each other, does of course cost extra. Emergency exit row seats do of course also offer more leg space and you can book them by paying a bit extra. Some flights go to BKK, others to DMK.

Front rows a little more roomy and overpriced.

 

You'll barely have time to finish the snack and drink before getting ready to land.

 

Parking can definitely add up.  Ok for a quick weekend trip but anything longer can get pricey compared with a Taxi or Grab.

 

Thai Smile is much more accommodating than AirAsia.  Prices are also all inclusive including 15 kilos luggage.  No surprises like other airlines.  Easy changes to your itinerary if you choose to stay longer. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Dean1953 said:

I’m flying from the U.S. with 2 checked and 1 carryon suitcase and a backpack, at full, allowed weight limits. I needed to buy a ticket from Bkk to CNX that wouldn’t charge me an arm and a leg for the 2 checked bags at 23 kilos apiece. I wouldn’t touch Thai air Asia or Viet jet.  I went with Thai smiles because they give you 20 kilos free   The 26 kilos that I’ll have to pay for is 50 baht per kilo, coming to 1,300 baht, which is reasonable.  Otherwise, I’d be taking the train, or at least having the bags shipped by train while I fly. 

Sounds like you got it covered. You could actually post some luggage but you'll only save about 700 baht.  One and done! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Dean1953 said:

Are they open on Saturday?

According to Google open every day, which does of course make sense at an airport:

Suvarnabhumi Airport Post Office
https://maps.app.goo.gl/n8bJ2i4dHSmwEStz9

 

It's behind the last row of check-in counters, not sure which letter this row has, maybe Z, or whatever the last letter is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

According to Google open every day, which does of course make sense at an airport:

Suvarnabhumi Airport Post Office
https://maps.app.goo.gl/n8bJ2i4dHSmwEStz9

 

It's behind the last row of check-in counters, not sure which letter this row has, maybe Z, or whatever the last letter is.

Would it be possible to send a 25 or 30 kg suitcase TO this post office and then pick it up before flying out?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of luggage that I usually take to my house to leave used to have me take the train, even though I can’t get any sleep.  Then, I usually spend a day or two in Bangkok at a hotel hear the train station.  I’d drop my bags off at the train station the day before I flew to Chiangmai. Then, on arrival, I’d stop by the train station (on the way to my house in Bo sang) and get the bags. It’s not that expensive, maybe 300 to 400 baht for 1-2 bags. I’ve never gone from the airport on the air link and get off to get on the MRT to the train station. It looks like it would take an hour each way, hauling at least 1 suitcase that way, which would be a hassle. 
I’ll check in as soon as possible on September 3rd, maybe 4.5 hours in advance. If the cost turns out to be 1,000 to 1,200 baht, I’ll pay it and avoid the hassles.   If it’s closer to 3,000 baht, I’ll do Plan B. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Plan A and B. I arrive at BKK at 8:30 AM Saturday, September 3rd.  All flights from BKK to CNX are the same economy class, except Thai and Bangkok Air offer 20 kilos baggage allowance.  I purchased Thai Airways.  I assume that I can get through immigration/customs in 45 minutes and be at checkin for my flight at 9:30-9:45 AM. If they charge me 1,560 baht for my 26 kilo excess baggage, I’ll pay it.  If it is considerably more than that, I’ll take 3 kilos out of 1 bag and check it.  The bag with 26 kilos will go to the train station to be shipped.  I should get back to BKK with 90 minutes to clear security and get to my gate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How will you get to the train station from BKK - metro or taxi?

 

Have you checked the exact prices?

 

How fast is the shipping?

 

Would you do it the other way around too?

 

BTW Excess baggage on Thai Airways BKK-CNX is 50 THB/kg Online and 60 THB/kg at the airport.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/travel_information/baggage.page?section=3

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/before_you_fly/additional_services/excess_baggage.page?

 

So it seems you can do your 26 kg for 1300 THB if you prepurchase online at least 12 hours before the flight.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bangkok Airways allow you to purchase extra baggage allowance. They can also check your bags all the way through with a list of airlines. Its all on their website. Thai Smile may do the same with Star Alliance airlines. 

 

Singapore Airlines seem to be the only airline offering flights from CNX to the world. They use daily flights with Scoot to Singapore and then connect on from there. They depart at different times on different days but it usually means a couple of days have decent connection times and other days dont work as well unless you want to do a Singapore Stopover package that the airline offers which can be a good deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...